Aldeer.com

Spike’s AR Lowers

Posted By: whack-n-stack

Spike’s AR Lowers - 03/01/18 02:30 AM

Are they well made? I’m wanting to start a build.
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: Spike’s AR Lowers - 03/01/18 02:43 AM

my eldest son built me a compact AR with spike's upper and lower. latch tight as dick's hat band. well made and shoots very well ...
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Spike’s AR Lowers - 03/01/18 02:55 AM

Spikes is good suff
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Spike’s AR Lowers - 03/01/18 04:18 AM

Yeah they are good. Anderson is just as good for about 1/3 the cost
Posted By: furnfeather

Re: Spike’s AR Lowers - 03/01/18 06:26 PM

Spikes is gtg. Anderson is also. I'd get 2 or 3 Anderson's with triggerguard for the price of 1 spikes. Personally I'd snatch up a 10 pk or so and build 2 basic carbines/rifles and plan out the rest of the lowers/uppers and their specific task.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: Spike’s AR Lowers - 03/06/18 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by gundoc
Yeah they are good. Anderson is just as good for about 1/3 the cost

^^^ This. You can catch Anderson Uppers and Lowers for 29.99 from time to time and they are just as good as the ST. Only difference is the ST U/L's have a slightly darker finish.
Posted By: CrimsonWSM

Re: Spike’s AR Lowers - 03/23/18 09:09 AM

Spikes makes you pay for the cool logo.Ditto on the Anderson.
Posted By: Boom

Re: Spike’s AR Lowers - 03/23/18 04:25 PM

A lot of the cheap ones are made by the same forges these days. They are all decent and I have seen lowers cheap as $40-$50 recently. Just remember the resale value is crap.

I only buy quality name-brand products so that the value carries forward.

BOOM
Posted By: SkipJack

Re: Spike’s AR Lowers - 03/24/18 05:33 PM

Fit and finish is not as good compared to most name brands. I'd buy Spikes if I had to choose. They go bang so if thats what you want they are fine. The last Anderson's I used for some builds were garbage IMO. Grip screw thread not threaded all the way, trigger pins drilled off center and the overall finish was bad, rough edges not debured etc. Also when I blasted them the anodizing came off like nothing I ever seen hard to believe they are level 3 ano. Did they go bang? Yes but pretty bad from what i'm used to.
Posted By: furnfeather

Re: Spike’s AR Lowers - 03/25/18 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by SkipJack
Fit and finish is not as good compared to most name brands. I'd buy Spikes if I had to choose. They go bang so if thats what you want they are fine. The last Anderson's I used for some builds were garbage IMO. Grip screw thread not threaded all the way, trigger pins drilled off center and the overall finish was bad, rough edges not debured etc. Also when I blasted them the anodizing came off like nothing I ever seen hard to believe they are level 3 ano. Did they go bang? Yes but pretty bad from what i'm used to.

I guess yours slipped thru QC inspection cause all my Anderson's(fit/finish)are right there with my cmmg's and spikes. Only difference was the roll marks and price between the companies.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM