Aldeer.com

RAP after market stock

Posted By: Abram

RAP after market stock - 02/14/18 05:55 PM

I have searched and searched but the only place I have found that carries a wooden aftermarket stock for my Ruger American Predator is Boyds. They have a nice pepper laminate stock that I love except it has a cheek rest, I want one without. Thought about buying one and sanding that off but I am afraid I would mes it up. Do any of you have an after market stock on your RAP and if so where did you get yours.
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: RAP after market stock - 02/15/18 01:33 AM

When I was looking at the possibility of buying a rap, I looked at the Boyds stocks. If I remember right they had a lot more choices for the non-predator model than the rap, and it seems like I was finding post from people using them on the rap without issue.
Posted By: 1shot

Re: RAP after market stock - 02/15/18 01:44 AM

I had one in my hands the other day. I’m usually not a fan of Boyds but I kinda liked it.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: RAP after market stock - 02/15/18 07:28 PM

Right now, Boyd's is the only game in town when it comes to wood stocks for the RAP. Magpul is supposed to be making their American Hunter stock for it, but it's still a ghost at this point. It's not wood either.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: RAP after market stock - 02/15/18 07:49 PM

What's funny is the Magpul stock cost darn near as much as the gun @ $299....

Re: RAP after market stock - 02/15/18 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller
What's funny is the Magpul stock cost darn near as much as the gun @ $299....

Yeah, that's MSRP. Most places have them listed for less and "Backorder OK" or something to that effect. I have one backordered at Brownells for $248.99 with a Dealer/LEO account. That includes bottom plastic (I guess you'd call it since they don't use any metal except in the skeleton) and a magazine. The Remington 700 version requires you to buy all that extra which adds another $100.00 - $150.00 to the cost

I didn't like those stock when I first saw them...I think they are ugly. But, after shooting a buddies 700 Magpul Hunter, they are really nice in how the feel and carry. Not to mention they are very solid and have no flex.
Posted By: Abram

Re: RAP after market stock - 02/16/18 07:20 PM

I like wood and metal on my guns and the Pepper laminate would look great on my rifle. it would add more weight which to me isn't a big issue. I did not even consider a standard RA stock as one is a long action and the other is a short action but it may very well work.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: RAP after market stock - 02/16/18 08:36 PM

They make the american in a short action as well. As far as I know there is no difference in the stocks from a mounting perspective, just color between them. I will be getting one for mine to get rid of the flimsy stock.

Re: RAP after market stock - 02/17/18 04:31 AM

The RAP has a slightly heavier contour than the standard short action gun. Depending on how big the barrel channel is cut, the RAP may drop right into a standard short action stock. If not, you'd just need to sand it to open it up to accept the RAP barrel. The action is the same as a standard short action
© 2024 ALDEER.COM