Aldeer.com

Quick question about Savage rifles

Posted By: skidboot77

Quick question about Savage rifles - 02/11/18 11:40 PM

Guys,
I’m going to buy a replacement stock for my 7mm08 Savage. I bought it about 2002. It’s a pre accu trigger model. Boyd’s gives a choice of blind magazine staggered feed or blind magazine centered feed. How do I tell?? I want to buy something that doesn’t need any fitting. It’s a very accurate gun. I don’t want to mess it up. The old wooden stock is ugly, heavy and feels like a block of wood.
Posted By: CaptKirk

Re: Quick question about Savage rifles - 02/12/18 12:25 AM

Measure your action screws. My old stagger fed gun is like 5" and change spacing where the center feeds are 4" and something. If Boyds doesnt have the info listed go to Bell and Carlson site and look up the sporter stock for savages and they have the info listed for measurements there. If you are looking for performance and not beauty out of the stock check out the Bell and Carlson models. Put one on mine last year and love it.
Posted By: Reno

Re: Quick question about Savage rifles - 02/12/18 12:27 AM

Post a pic of your mag.. My savage is center feed I think (the bullet is centered in the mag well) I'm assuming in a staggered feed, the bullet will be to one side of the mag
Posted By: riflenut

Re: Quick question about Savage rifles - 02/12/18 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Reno

My savage is center feed I think (the bullet is centered in the mag well) I'm assuming in a staggered feed, the bullet will be to one side of the mag

Correct. As an FYI, the stock may need some minor fitting even if you order the correct one.
Posted By: Birdfeathers

Re: Quick question about Savage rifles - 02/12/18 08:57 PM

Go to Savage shooters.com for a youtube video describing the difference
© 2024 ALDEER.COM