Aldeer.com

Rubber boots

Posted By: fladeerhntr

Rubber boots - 12/06/17 10:03 PM

Just wondering what yall would recommend for a good light weight rubber boot that can be worn when it's cool outside but can also be worn when it's warm out. The thing that I really want the most is something that's comfortable to walk in and light weight. I've been looking at the muck boots but have also been looking at the lacrosse burly's and under armour.
Posted By: Mdees

Re: Rubber boots - 12/06/17 11:06 PM

I have worn out a couple pair of the LaCrosse la Grange boots. Mucking in the pond, power washing summer or winter and hunting early bow season. I've had two pair in 20 years and just about ready to retire my current pair.
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: Rubber boots - 12/07/17 07:51 AM

I have been wearing a pair of Kamick for the last couple of years and really like them. My son liked my Kamicks so much he bought him a pair and quit wearing his mucks. I think they are made/assembled in the good ole USA also.

Finding a boot for cool and warm weather is not possible for me, I have to have warm weather boots and cold weather boots.
Posted By: XVIII

Re: Rubber boots - 12/07/17 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Mdees
I have worn out a couple pair of the LaCrosse la Grange boots. Mucking in the pond, power washing summer or winter and hunting early bow season. I've had two pair in 20 years and just about ready to retire my current pair.

hard to beat for the price...I wear them turkey hunting and very comfortable/durable
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Rubber boots - 12/07/17 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: XVI
Originally Posted By: Mdees

hard to beat for the price...I wear them turkey hunting and very comfortable/durable

X3. Can't beat 'em and very comfortable. I can walk in them all day.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Rubber boots - 12/08/17 10:52 AM

LaCrosse is the only rubber boots I'll buy.
Posted By: James

Re: Rubber boots - 12/08/17 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: NWALJM
LaCrosse is the only rubber boots I'll buy.
I've had terrible luck with their alpha burlys. Never had a pair last more than six months (Had 2 pairs) I changed to mucks and been using the same pair for probably 7 years now...
Posted By: Mdees

Re: Rubber boots - 12/09/17 07:29 AM

My experience with the Alpha Burly hasn't been much better. I get a few years out of a pair but I don't wear them hardly ever. I have some 800gr insulated and they really only get worn if I'm hunting in a cold rain or really swampy area. But the Grange are more what the OP asked for. My only complaint with them is they get warm in the sun. Like hot if my legs are in the sun in a bowstand and it's warmer than 65ish degrees out.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM