Aldeer.com

Cerakote

Posted By: mark

Cerakote - 11/17/17 03:08 PM

How well does it hold up on a handgun if you're using a kydex holster?
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Cerakote - 11/17/17 04:31 PM

Kydex and leather will eat cerakote. Well, not so much the kydex and leather, but debris will get on the surface of either the gun and/or the holster material and will act like sand paper. Having said that, I have a brand new M&P 2.0 compact with the factory finish. After about 5 times or drawing and re-holstering, I now have a silver line on each side of the slide where the Kydex has rubbed the finish.

Re: Cerakote - 11/17/17 04:39 PM

I had heard that kydex was pretty rough on the finish of a handgun. I've been using an Alien Gear IWB for a couple of years but haven't noticed any real wear on my shield. How do you like the M&P 2.0 compact? I'm thinking that may be my next purchase.

Re: Cerakote - 11/17/17 08:11 PM

Man, I love it! It shoots very well, and the trigger is excellent for a stock M&P. It could stand a little work to smooth out the take up, but it's not something I gotta do before carrying it.

I wanted something in the Glock 19 size for a carry gun since I can't shoot a Glock without it rubbing blisters on the web of my hand.

Re: Cerakote - 11/17/17 08:14 PM

Awesome. If they go on sale for the holidays, then I may pick one up.

Re: Cerakote - 11/18/17 12:46 PM

How does the size and weight compare to a Sig SP2022?

Re: Cerakote - 11/18/17 10:21 PM

I honestly don't know, That is one Sig I have never even handled

Re: Cerakote - 11/19/17 10:08 AM

I have a SP2022 and I like the way it feels in my hand but I've never tried carrying it. Seems a little too big and, like most Sigs, heavy.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM