Aldeer.com

Tikka T3 lite stock question

Posted By: CAL

Tikka T3 lite stock question - 11/14/17 09:56 PM

I have a Tikka that I need some advice on. The rifle will shoot 1" groups with factory ammo but I'd like to squeeze all the accuracy I can out of a rifle. The barrel is not completely free floating. Would it benefit to use a dremel tool on the stock to remove enough to make it free floating? Thoughts?
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Tikka T3 lite stock question - 11/14/17 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: CAL
I have a Tikka that I need some advice on. The rifle will shoot 1" groups with factory ammo but I'd like to squeeze all the accuracy I can out of a rifle. The barrel is not completely free floating. Would it benefit to use a dremel tool on the stock to remove enough to make it free floating? Thoughts?

That's an option or wrap some sandpaper around a deep socket and sand it out.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Tikka T3 lite stock question - 11/14/17 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: AU7MM08

Do this instead of a dremel. Use some heavy grit paper then finer. Won't take long.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Tikka T3 lite stock question - 11/14/17 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: joshm28
Originally Posted By: AU7MM08

Do this instead of a dremel. Use some heavy grit paper then finer. Won't take long.

10-4

Also make sure action is torqued to spec. Reloading for it would also likely improve accuracy,or it might even like a different factory load better.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Tikka T3 lite stock question - 11/15/17 10:50 AM

Maybe, maybe not. Some sporter taper rifles like a little pressure to shoot really well. Not sure if the Tikka is one since I haven't experimented with them, but I know from past experience a lot of Remington rifles have to have the action and chamber bedded to re-gain accuracy lost once the owner floated the barrel.

If you decide to try it, I go the way mentioned above and use sandpaper rather than a dremel.

A few years ago, a friend dropped his T3 into a B&C stock, that really helped his groups. I don't know if it floated the barrel or not.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Tikka T3 lite stock question - 11/15/17 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: gundoc
Maybe, maybe not. Some sporter taper rifles like a little pressure to shoot really well. Not sure if the Tikka is one since I haven't experimented with them, but I know from past experience a lot of Remington rifles have to have the action and chamber bedded to re-gain accuracy lost once the owner floated the barrel.

If you decide to try it, I go the way mentioned above and use sandpaper rather than a dremel.

A few years ago, a friend dropped his T3 into a B&C stock, that really helped his groups. I don't know if it floated the barrel or not.

My buddy shoots a Tikka in a factory stock and it’s a sub moa gun. He floated the barrel on it and the groups tightened up significantly
Posted By: TwoRs

Re: Tikka T3 lite stock question - 11/15/17 06:55 PM

Ammo and free floating make a difference. Trigger is adjustable and with a 5.00 trigger spring it can be Very Nice!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM