Aldeer.com

SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50

Posted By: trlrdrdave

SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/19/17 01:56 PM

I got to have one of these!

50 state legal suppression!

Posted By: willdo22

Re: SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/19/17 08:11 PM

Interesting
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/20/17 09:47 AM

Cool toy!
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/20/17 09:57 AM

I wonder where the ram rod is

Re: SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/20/17 10:45 AM

I wondered that too. But no paperwork to fill out!
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/20/17 10:49 AM

The suppressor must be sleeved and ported into the can portion. Otherwise a sabot would never make to all the way out. Interesting concept but not for me.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/21/17 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: trlrdrdave
I wondered that too. But no paperwork to fill out!

Can get it shipped to the house!
Posted By: bloodtrail

Re: SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/21/17 09:51 PM

How do you clean it? Is there a chance an accumulation of unburned powder in the can igniting? I'm not sure if this is super cool or totally useless? Reducing the cloud after the shot does have my attention. I hate not seeing the deers reaction or direction of travel after the shot.

Re: SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/21/17 11:16 PM

Posted By: bloodtrail

Re: SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/21/17 11:58 PM

Cleaning the pin, trigger, and plug is simple enough. The can is catching and holding gunk what would otherwise be blown out of the barrel. Im curious how effective the can is after 50,100, 500 shots?
Is there a subsonic load for mz loaders? I'm not trying to bash something I know nothing about, I'm genuinely curious and love seeing "innovative" products.
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: SilencerCo’s latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 - 09/22/17 06:58 AM

The blackhorn burns very clean so I wouldn't think it would build up very quickly. I also wonder how low of a powder charge you would have to use to get subsonic. My city deer load is 80 grains volume blackhorn under a 300 grain XTP, load chart shows that at over 1600.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM