Aldeer.com

Adding a sling stud.

Posted By: goodman_hunter

Adding a sling stud. - 09/14/17 09:27 AM

So I got a pistol grip stock for my stoegar 3500. Not only did it not come with any instructions. It didn't come with a sling stud either. So my question is, what's my best course of action for adding one?
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Adding a sling stud. - 09/14/17 10:27 AM

Drilling a hole and screwing one in. I'd put a little epoxy on the threads to make sure it doesn't move.
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Adding a sling stud. - 09/14/17 10:46 PM

What if it's a wood stock? I bought my boy a marlin model 60 and it will need studs. Is there a trick to doing that without splitting the wood? Not trying to hijack here.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Adding a sling stud. - 09/15/17 05:01 AM

Originally Posted By: SuperSpike
What if it's a wood stock? I bought my boy a marlin model 60 and it will need studs. Is there a trick to doing that without splitting the wood? Not trying to hijack here.

If you come to Northport I can do that for you just send me a pm to let me know
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Adding a sling stud. - 09/15/17 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By: SuperSpike

When I put them on wood stocks I just put a piece of painters tape where I'm wanting to drill the hole. Drill slow and I've never had a problem...
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Adding a sling stud. - 09/15/17 10:38 AM

thank ya bh84
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Adding a sling stud. - 09/15/17 04:00 PM

painters tape or masking tape. put a piece where you are going to drill.
Take a punch and center the hole on the mid-line of the stock and drill slowly with a sharp bit. I normally counter-sink mine.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM