Aldeer.com

Question about a "can"

Posted By: Sharpshooter69

Question about a "can" - 09/03/17 03:11 PM

I've been on a job in PA for about a year and half now. I had planned on being here until mid next year. So, I ordered a suppressor in March and filled out all of the obligatory bs paperwork, purchased my stamp, and sent everything in.

Fast forward and I'm now being transferred to Florida at the end of September.

My can is in the safe at my LGS awaiting approval. It's not going to happen before I leave. Since I will be retiring to Florida in a few years anyway, we are going to change our permanent residency to FL. in September.

The guy at my LGS just said to keep my residency in PA until it comes through. I won't be able to do that, nor will I lie about it.

How do I go about doing this? Call Silencer Shop and ask since they are the ones I went through to create my trust? Call the guberment agency responsible?

Any advice is appreciated.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/03/17 04:04 PM

You won't be able to take possession of it with the Form 4 that's in process now if you go ahead and move out of state. You can do 2 things that come to mind.....

1. Call the ATF and see if they will cancel the existing Form 4/ask for a refund from the LGS since it's currently on a Form 3 and legally belongs to him at this point. Then he could offer it for sale to anyone qualified to buy it. Talk to him about this before talking to ATF. You'll likely lose a couple hundred dollars in this.

2. If the ATF will cancel the Form 4 and your LGS will hold the suppressor (no refund) until you get a permanent address in FL you can resubmit a Form 4 thru a FL Class 3 dealer and receive it thru him after going thru the approval process again. The FL Class 3 dealer would have to file a Form 3 to get it transferred from your PS Class 3 dealer to him and then you'd file a new Form 4.

Clear as mud?

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/03/17 04:10 PM

Yep. That's about what I figured. Another long wait. I'd rather wait than lose a couple hundred bucks though.

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/03/17 04:34 PM

What can is it?

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/03/17 04:49 PM

It's a Q El Camino 22 cal.

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/03/17 05:11 PM

That thing gets great reviews and is built by some top notch guys. You'll enjoy it when you finally get it. Stock up on CCI Standard Velocity in the meantime wink
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/03/17 07:36 PM

I wish my paperwork would hurry the hell up. Submitted mine June 16. Figure I won't see it til Feb at earliest.

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/03/17 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
I wish my paperwork would hurry the hell up. Submitted mine June 16. Figure I won't see it til Feb at earliest.

My first 3 NFA toys (all at the same time) took 13 months but when they all came in it was like Christmas! That was about 8 years ago.
Posted By: James

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/03/17 08:15 PM

Took mine around 10 months i believe. Hell i know one feller that only had to wait 6 months to get his lol.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/03/17 09:58 PM

I waited 6 months for my first one and 5 months on my second one. No telling how long the third one is going to take...

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/04/17 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Wiley Coyote
That thing gets great reviews and is built by some top notch guys. You'll enjoy it when you finally get it. Stock up on CCI Standard Velocity in the meantime wink

I did a lot of research before choosing the Q.

I won't say I've got enough ammo, but I've always bought some anytime I found it on sale.

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/04/17 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By: James

Took mine around 10 months i believe. Hell i know one feller that only had to wait 6 months to get his lol.

Supposedly wait time is averaging about ten months at this time. Give or take of course.

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/04/17 08:26 AM

Electronic form submission is supposed to speed things up quite a bit.

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/04/17 07:15 PM

Electronic form submission is supposed to speed things up quite a bit.

Wish I would have waited until the new barcode system was in place. Oh well it is what it is. I'll probably go ahead and add a 30 cal can to the application while I'm at it.

It's going to cost me an extra $100.00 to have my current one in suppressor jail transferred to my LGS in FL.

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/04/17 09:04 PM

You can do electronic submission on the 30cal since it's a new Form 4. You might end up getting it before the .22

Re: Question about a "can" - 09/06/17 03:30 PM

You can do electronic submission on the 30cal since it's a new Form 4. You might end up getting it before the .22

That's my intention. I'm almost certain I will receive the 30 cal before the Q comes back. I may as well do an SBR while I'm at it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM