Aldeer.com

glock gen5

Posted By: goodman_hunter

glock gen5 - 08/31/17 02:28 PM

so who's getting one? I'm probably gonna get a 19 but may wait to see what the first reviews look like.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: glock gen5 - 08/31/17 02:41 PM

what changes did they make? Looks like the same gun to me.

Re: glock gen5 - 08/31/17 02:58 PM

New barrel, ambi slide release, tapered magwell for quicker reload, no finger grooves, thicker finish.

Re: glock gen5 - 08/31/17 02:59 PM

link
Posted By: XVIII

Re: glock gen5 - 08/31/17 03:45 PM

no finger grooves makes no sense. that's what I like about later gens.

but i'm glad they released it. i'll buy up all the gen 3&4 bc they're 'outdated' and not as good.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: glock gen5 - 08/31/17 04:08 PM

Yeah, taking the finger grooves off reminds me of a Gen 1 and 2.
Posted By: mark

Re: glock gen5 - 08/31/17 04:49 PM

I'm not a Glock guy, but admit that I find the Gen 5 interesting.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: glock gen5 - 08/31/17 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: XVI
no finger grooves makes no sense. that's what I like about later gens.

but i'm glad they released it. i'll buy up all the gen 3&4 bc they're 'outdated' and not as good.

Same. Send them my way.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: glock gen5 - 08/31/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: goodman_hunter
New barrel, ambi slide release, tapered magwell for quicker reload, no finger grooves, thicker finish.

*yawn*
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: glock gen5 - 09/01/17 09:10 AM

The flared magwell makes it less desirable for CC for me. I'll stick to the gen 3.

Re: glock gen5 - 09/01/17 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
The flared magwell makes it less desirable for CC for me. I'll stick to the gen 3.

You don't like the gen 4? Just curious.

Re: glock gen5 - 09/01/17 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark

You don't like the gen 4? Just curious.

Gen 4 in OK but I don't think it was any improvement over the proven Gen 3. Gen 4 had some issues when they first came out with the recoil springs not being reliable with all loads. I think it's worked out now,but I know for certain the Gen 3 will run perfectly.

If I had hands large enough to need the grip increasing pieces,I would go for the Gen 4, but I like an even smaller grip. The very small reduction doesn't seem to be noticeable for me on the Gen 4 so that's no benefit.

I also think most of the Gen 3 triggers are less mushy than the 4's,and though you can work on either to get a good trigger,I think you can get a slightly better one if you start with a crisp Gen 3.

Re: glock gen5 - 09/01/17 05:20 PM

K, I've never shot a gen 3. So I couldn't compare the two. I liked the finger grooves on the 4 but reading on the Glock forum, most folks didn't seem to like them. I do however like the full size beaver tail back straps. But after reading a fellas post in the classifieds that was selling an sf model. It lead me to believe the gen 3 was about the same size as gen 4 with back straps. The gen 3 seems to be popular with alot of folks, but they never said why. I do know that the gen 3 ain't much cheaper then gen 4 probably for reasons you gave.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: glock gen5 - 09/01/17 05:32 PM

At one time, I had 6 Glocks, only 1 left, now, and it's a Gen 1. Maybe 10 or 12 thousand rounds through it, and it's still a sweet shooter and still goes BANG every. single. time!
Posted By: 3toe

Re: glock gen5 - 09/01/17 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: DEADorALIVE
At one time, I had 6 Glocks, only 1 left, now, and it's a Gen 1. Maybe 10 or 12 thousand rounds through it, and it's still a sweet shooter and still goes BANG every. single. time!

That many rounds the barrel is probably shot out. May as well sell it to me.

Of all the glocks I've had, I'm a fan of the Gen3.

Re: glock gen5 - 09/02/17 10:43 AM

K, I've never shot a gen 3. So I couldn't compare the two. I liked the finger grooves on the 4 but reading on the Glock forum, most folks didn't seem to like them. I do however like the full size beaver tail back straps. But after reading a fellas post in the classifieds that was selling an sf model. It lead me to believe the gen 3 was about the same size as gen 4 with back straps. The gen 3 seems to be popular with alot of folks, but they never said why. I do know that the gen 3 ain't much cheaper then gen 4 probably for reasons you gave.

The SF models are suppose to have a shorter distance to the trigger and the Gen 4 is suppose to be slightly smaller in the grip ,but for all practical purposes,I can't tell any difference shooting them. I can only tell a difference when you start adding pieces on the Gen 4 frame,then it becomes larger than I like.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM