Aldeer.com

AR Lower Question

Posted By: Ron A.

AR Lower Question - 08/27/17 11:33 AM

in the market for a stripped lower,
anybody know who might have the best price on them.
i have found some good prices on line, but when you pay shipping and
ffl transfer fee, its way too much.
thanks
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/27/17 12:18 PM

I saw an online ad for Anderson Arms yesterday for $39.99. You should be able to Google it up.
Posted By: Ron A.

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/27/17 02:03 PM

Yes, I saw that. But when u pay shipping and FFL, you will be close to 70.00
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/27/17 03:25 PM

My FFL only charges $10, not sure what shipping is on those.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/27/17 04:08 PM

Try Palmetto State Armory they usually have decent pricing on lowers
Posted By: Rebelman

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/27/17 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Ron A.
Yes, I saw that. But when u pay shipping and FFL, you will be close to 70.00

I remember when a stippped lower would cost you 3x that even on 'sale'
Posted By: gundoc

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/27/17 10:10 PM

PM Sent
Posted By: SkipJack

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/28/17 09:12 PM

Buy a good name brand and don't go for the cheapest. I just built 2 guns with Anderson lowers and they are not the best IMO. The anodize is not very thick and all the cuts were not centered. You get what you pay for on cheap lowers but its your money.
Posted By: warato1

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/28/17 09:21 PM

I'm sure you know but big holidays are the best time to buy to take advantage of sales. Brownells is having a good sale on Aero lowers for Labor Day.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/rec...ERO%2bPRECISION
Posted By: gundoc

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/29/17 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: SkipJack
Buy a good name brand and don't go for the cheapest. I just built 2 guns with Anderson lowers and they are not the best IMO. The anodize is not very thick and all the cuts were not centered. You get what you pay for on cheap lowers but its your money.

I have used a truck load of Anderson lowers and never experienced either of those issues.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/29/17 04:43 PM

I've built several on Anderson's and have nothing bad to say. The only negative I would say is the grip screw hole is not threaded all the way. 1/4 20 tap and problem solved.
Posted By: sethjamtoe

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/29/17 05:34 PM

I just finished a pistol build off an Anderson lower. Picked it up at a local gun shop about a year ago for $49 (actually, I got two of them). Fit and finish is great and it matched the PSA upper flawlessly.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/29/17 07:45 PM

Palmetto state is going to be one of the cheapest places, also try primary arms. I've used psa, Anderson, ati and never had an issue with any of them.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/30/17 08:31 AM

Look up Yellowhammer in Hoover that guy had a pile of lowers for cheap a few months ago. With shipping and transfer fee you'd be into one of those cheaper than an Anderson.
Posted By: Geno

Re: AR Lower Question - 08/30/17 12:13 PM

I've built 4 or 5 for myself on anderson lowers and another half dozen for others and my only issue was a non threaded grip screw hole on one of them. That bad one was a long time ago though. I ran a tap through it and all was good.

Fit, finish have been very good on all.

I like the PSA stuff but it's not always the best deal around.
Posted By: Highlander

Re: AR Lower Question - 11/28/17 10:53 PM

Check out Aero lowers. I just finished a build using their upper and lowers. I added a hiperfire 24C trigger, faxon 5.56 flame fluted barrel, Centurion C4 Quad rails, Steiner P4Xi scope with Aero SPR extended mount, Magpul front and rear flip up sights. I prefer the quads over the new stuff.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: AR Lower Question - 11/29/17 08:14 AM

Reed at Pats in Jasper has a couple in stock around the $50 mark.
Posted By: furnfeather

Re: AR Lower Question - 11/29/17 08:29 AM

I've not had any problems with anderson lowers. Aim surplus had lowers with built in trigger gaurd for $39. Can't tell a difference between it and my spikes,cmmg and other lowers than the roll marks.
Posted By: Haybale

Re: AR Lower Question - 11/29/17 09:06 PM

Larry’s in Huntsville has a deal for 3 for $99
© 2024 ALDEER.COM