Aldeer.com

Bipod Question

Posted By: Big Al

Bipod Question - 08/14/17 03:51 PM

Not real familiar with bipods other than knowing names like Atlas, Harris, UTG, Winchester, etc., so I thought I would ask if there are any experienced longer range shooters what would be best for a Bergara B14 HMR? What type of attachment is best (the stock has an additional sling stud) and what is the best height? Fixed or cantina? Thanks for any info.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Bipod Question - 08/14/17 04:16 PM

I have used have used both Harris and the Caldwell knock off of a Harris. The real deal Harris was noticeably better, as is was more stable. I like the swivel feature also. It allows you to level your gun if you set up on a surface that isn't. A pod lock lever is also a great addition to any swivel bi-pod. It will make it really easy to tighten and loosen the swivel lock nut.

The legs on my Harris are adjustable from 6"-9". There are longer and shorter versions, but the range I have seems to fit every situation I have used it in.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Bipod Question - 08/14/17 05:05 PM

6"-9" is what you want i have the Harris swivel feature on all my guns. The atlas is very good as well bu a lot more expensive. IMO you cant go wrong with the harris
Posted By: G1Eagle

Re: Bipod Question - 08/14/17 07:48 PM

I have the Harris with the swivel option and have been pleased with it. The Atlas seems to be the best by most accounts but it has a premium price and is sometimes hard to find. I saw an Accu-Tac the other day that looked like a good bipod. A guy had it on a Bergara LRP Elite. Said he got it from Midway USA but hadn't used it yet.
Been thinking about the Bergara HMR. Have you shot it yet? Would love to know your thoughts.
Posted By: Big Al

Re: Bipod Question - 08/14/17 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: G1Eagle
I have the Harris with the swivel option and have been pleased with it. The Atlas seems to be the best by most accounts but it has a premium price and is sometimes hard to find. I saw an Accu-Tac the other day that looked like a good bipod. A guy had it on a Bergara LRP Elite. Said he got it from Midway USA but hadn't used it yet.
Been thinking about the Bergara HMR. Have you shot it yet? Would love to know your thoughts.

No, haven't taken it out yet. Hope to before too long. First, I've got to find somewhere to take it. May go to Greenridge in Locust Fork as I believe they have a 200 yd. rifle range.
Posted By: Flea

Re: Bipod Question - 08/15/17 07:00 PM

Harris is great, the knock-offs are not. Atlas is certainly good to go if you've got the money to spend on it. But seriously, don't waste money on the knock off stuff.

I've finally gotten picatinny rails installed on my bolt guns so I mount my Harris's on ADM QD mounts and I can swap bipods between rifles within seconds.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM