Aldeer.com

Weaver v9-IIw scope

Posted By: AUwrestler

Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 12:23 AM

Im looking for a scope to go on my marlin 35 lever action for hog and under 100 yrds shooting. My dad brought me some scopes to day that he hasnt used in years, including an old weaver v9-IIw. It looks really nice with i think steel tubing. Only minor problem is some spots (maybe water) inside the scope. The spots fo not interfere with shooting, but make it not perfectly clear for the entite sight picture. Does anyone know if the weaver warranty will cover this, if I can get it repaired, or if a collector would trade for a newer 3x9 scope? Thanks
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 09:49 AM

The problem is that Weaver has gone through a couple of different owners. You will just have to call and check,but I doubt they will fix an older steel tube scope.

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 11:28 AM

Thats what im worried about. Im gonna try rice and/or moisture packets to help dry it out.
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 12:02 PM

When things get too old you're usually better off turning third party.
There's probably an outfit that overhauls old scopes.

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 02:16 PM

It it were me,I would just buy a leupold 1-4 straight tube with heavy duplex. Even if you get it dried out,you still have 20 year old or older technology.

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 03:18 PM

Well I got it sitting in 5 lbs of rice, ill see what weaver sends back about getting it fixed. But if neither of these work, Ill look at buying a new scope.

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 04:26 PM

If Weaver will fix it fine,but if you just dry it out,it's likely to fail you at the worst time. Ever met Murphy?
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
If Weaver will fix it fine,but if you just dry it out,it's likely to fail you at the worst time. Ever met Murphy?

While I don't necessarily agree with RH on "old technology" I absolutely agree with him on this. If it's fogged now and you dry it out it will probably be twice as bad this winter on a cold rainy day.

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: joshm28
Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark

While I don't necessarily agree with RH on "old technology" I absolutely agree with him on this. If it's fogged now and you dry it out it will probably be twice as bad this winter on a cold rainy day.

We probably ain't far off Josh. There's old and then there's really old.LOL
Posted By: modoc_333

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 08:22 PM

I have an old weaver that I would like to send off to someone too. it fogs. i hope to get it fixed. not just dry. i would love to hear suggestions on who to send these to.

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 09:38 PM

Ask about the Weavers over at 24hourcampfire. I'veheard guys over there say some company out of Texas will rebuild the old Weavers.

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/09/17 09:54 PM

Jusy dod some digging, company is ironsight inc out of el paso. But they dont service my model.

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/10/17 05:14 PM

Received an email.from weaver. They arnt able to fix my scope due to not have pre 1984 parts. So Im gonna dry it out and have it has a back up until It messed up again. Then ill be looking at the leupolds.

Re: Weaver v9-IIw scope - 07/10/17 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: AUwrestler
Received an email.from weaver. They arnt able to fix my scope due to not have pre 1984 parts. So Im gonna dry it out and have it has a back up until It messed up again. Then ill be looking at the leupolds.

The Japanese made weavers are really good scopes too.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM