Aldeer.com

New Cooler line on the market

Posted By: BamaGrad85

New Cooler line on the market - 07/02/17 07:28 AM

Gator coolers. Check them out @ www.gatrcoolers.com
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 09:17 AM

Seems like there is a new line of roto molded coolers coming out every week. Just different names. I do like the gator latches just don't know how long they would last
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 10:59 AM

I think the latches are the gayest thing I have ever seen. I'll pass.
Posted By: ValleyDawg

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

rofl
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 11:51 AM

^^^^^^^
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: ValleyDawg

rofl

Gaytr Coolers.....lmao!
Posted By: 3toe

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 12:21 PM

No kidding. You would get your ass beat around here if you showed up to camp with that in the bed of your truck.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: 3toe

No kidding. You would get your ass beat around here if you showed up to camp with that in the bed of your truck.

Bet if it was a turkey, you'd be all over it grin

You know, that could be a good aftermarket business
Posted By: Remington270

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 12:59 PM

Just what we need. Another brand of expensive cooler. And yeah the gator latch is pretty suspect.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 03:45 PM

Sell that bastard for $75 and I'll be fine with whatever for latches. But that's fugly
Posted By: Remington270

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
Sell that bastard for $75 and I'll be fine with whatever for latches. But that's fugly

True. I'm sure they're still wanting $300 for them
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 05:50 PM

The 45 sells for $250 I believe.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 05:51 PM

The orca tail latches are almost as bad.
Posted By: James

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 06:27 PM

Yup lol. If they resembled a BBC they'd be a hit out west
Posted By: 5Pages

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/03/17 10:07 PM

Anyone have any experience with Ozark Trail 26 quart cooler?
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/04/17 10:40 PM

I believe those latches were designed in Slidell, LA...... grin
Posted By: Geno

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/05/17 08:48 PM

I'll stick with some no name igloo for now. I had to replace a wheeled cooler this weekend cause mine blew out the back of the wife's toy suv when I wasn't looking.

23 and change at walmarks for a 38 quart wheelie cool. After I put some measuring marks on it and wrote the size limits for most fish in the gulf on the lid with permanent marker - I love it.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/05/17 10:06 PM

Im with ya on that. I picked up a Treeline brand 20 Qt today on sale for $79. They had 45 Qt for $160

Never heard of them but they look like the fatboy branded coolers. https://fatboycoolers.com/fatboy-20qt-roto-molded-cooler.html#tab-product2
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/06/17 08:05 AM

Originally Posted By: imadeerhntr
Seems like there is a new line of roto molded coolers coming out every week. Just different names.

Yep....I just don't get it. "Oh, but they can keep ice for 5 days"....but realistically, how many people, really have a need to keep ice for 5 days? aside from someone maybe on a charter boat that or someone going to a primitive camp site for several days, I just don't see the point.

I'm sure there are a few folks out there that truly need some super-duper megacooler, but most people just want some fancy beer cooler.

The whole luxury cooler trend is seriously baffling.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/06/17 08:30 AM

I like the little ones only because I can throw that thing in the back of the truck with the chainsaws and whatever else tools and it will survive some really rough abuse. Give me an RTIC though. Whichever is the cheapest one is fine with me.

I can see where a guy might need a big one on a charter boat or getting dropped off in the back country. But how many people are really using it in that manner? Few.

I have a big Yeti that I got before all the others hit the market and it about worthless. I rarely use it. You have to have 2 people to pick it up if you are loaded with a days worth of beer. So why you need it to keep ice for 5 days?.... I don't know someone explain that to me? You need to drink faster.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/06/17 09:47 AM

Wonder if it come with a cute sticker for your window , or a cute little hat that says gator on it

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/06/17 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Goatkiller
So why you need it to keep ice for 5 days?.... I don't know someone explain that to me? You need to drink faster.

Seriously? When you stay in camp for a week or more, without refrigeration, it is a handy feature to be able to keep your food and game from spoiling.

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/06/17 04:27 PM

If you read more carefully I specified aside from being in the back country....

Ain't no deer camp too far to drive to the store and get more ice in this state.

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/06/17 04:42 PM

No place is to far to drive, but the whole point in going to camp is to get away and spend time in the woods. The last thing I want to do is spend an hour making an ice run. Especially when I have an entire week off to enjoy.

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/07/17 08:48 AM

So why you need it to keep ice for 5 days?.... I don't know someone explain that to me? You need to drink faster.

Seriously? When you stay in camp for a week or more, without refrigeration, it is a handy feature to be able to keep your food and game from spoiling.

c'mon......let's be realistic. What percentage of people who buy a "high end" cooler (yeti/orca/rtic/etc) actually have that need, vs the percentage that just use it like they would use any other cheap cooler?

My guess is that an overwhelming majority of expensive cooler owners could use a <$50 cooler from Walmart and see no functional difference.
Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/07/17 11:16 AM

Those latches couldn't be gayer even if they were shaped like miniature peckers
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/07/17 11:53 AM

I talked crap about the yetis and such until I got offered one at cost. It stays in the back of my truck daily and stays full of natural light and bottled waters. Put ice in it about every 3 days. I love the dang thing.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/07/17 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: GomerPyle

c'mon......let's be realistic. What percentage of people who buy a "high end" cooler (yeti/orca/rtic/etc) actually have that need, vs the percentage that just use it like they would use any other cheap cooler?

My guess is that an overwhelming majority of expensive cooler owners could use a <$50 cooler from Walmart and see no functional difference.

For me, it's the fact that I'll never have to buy another cooler again....ever.

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/07/17 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: IDOT
Originally Posted By: GomerPyle

For me, it's the fact that I'll never have to buy another cooler again....ever.

I know 3 or 4 people who all had Yetis that the lid warped, with the ends bowed upward, to the point where the lid was no longer air tight. All said they left theirs sitting in the back of a truck all day every day, so maybe the extreme heat/sunlight caused it? This was a few years ago, maybe Yeti (and others) have remedied this?

I just know I'd be pissed if I spent $300+ on a cooler that wouldn't even stay closed.

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/07/17 02:00 PM

I got nothing against them... Like I said I've got a couple I use all the time.

What I am against is spending $300 on one. That's stupid. I learned my lesson.

Give me a $100 knock off that works just as good.

Posted By: doekiller

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/07/17 02:43 PM

Mine has been in the bed of my truck for 3 years. Before I bought it I went through coolers at a rate of severana year. Since inbought my yeti 5 years ago I have not had to buy another cooler.
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/09/17 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: 5Pages
Anyone have any experience with Ozark Trail 26 quart cooler?
I have one that I got about 4 months ago. Seems well made for the price. But just like any of these coolers it isn't going to make ice. I get a good 2 days out of it sometimes 3. But all the people that have the high end that are being honest aren't getting anymore out of those.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/10/17 11:35 AM

True. If you kept a YETI in the shade with 70 degree ambient temperature and didn't open it for a week then yeah it may keep ice that long. But who does that? I used a regulation igloo cooler in the bed of my truck and it didn't keep ice 12 hours.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/10/17 12:41 PM

BamBam has a K2 on his work truck, but he's a pipeliner and out on the fireline all day...I get it.

For me, though?...nah...I can buy SEVERAL 110 qt Igloos that I can actually pick up without a forklift and still come out cheaper than buying 1 measly little 65 qt Yeti.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: New Cooler line on the market - 07/10/17 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: doekiller
Mine has been in the bed of my truck for 3 years. Before I bought it I went through coolers at a rate of severana year. Since inbought my yeti 5 years ago I have not had to buy another cooler.

This is where I'm at. I was spending $50-$75 a year on roller bag coolers for the pool, etc. One trip to the beach and the handles were full of sand and wouldn't retract, metal parts were rusted, etc. They found the dumpster fairly quick. I've got an Orca 20qt for the pool and a RTIC 45 for trips and such. I will say I got lucky and got the 45 when RTIC liquidated after the lawsuit so I didn't pay much for it.

There is nothing to rust or wear out so hopefully if I don't lose them or have them stolen I am done buying coolers for a really long time.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM