Aldeer.com

Nikon Scope with Lighted Reticle

Posted By: BamaGrad85

Nikon Scope with Lighted Reticle - 05/23/17 06:32 PM

I saw 2 different 50mm scopes with lighted reticles on SWFA. Anyone have any experience with them? Good or bad?
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Nikon Scope with Lighted Reticle - 05/23/17 09:37 PM

I haven't seen one. On illuminated reticles you want one that will adjust low enough to just about disappear in really low light.If it won't adjust low enough you can see the dot but it will wash out your night vision enough that the dot is all you can see.Not sure how low the Nikons will adjust.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Nikon Scope with Lighted Reticle - 05/24/17 08:32 AM

I have Astigmatism that has gotten worse in recent years. I wear corrective lenses. I can do Red Dots ok, but lighted reticles in scopes are a negative for any kind of precision work.

You might not have that problem but thought I'd bring it up.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Nikon Scope with Lighted Reticle - 05/24/17 10:20 AM

I bought the GF a Vortex with lighted reticle dot so she could get on target quicker.

Has 10 or 12 brightness settings and has been a good scope. Was around $200 shipped iirc.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Nikon Scope with Lighted Reticle - 05/24/17 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Goatkiller
I have Astigmatism that has gotten worse in recent years. I wear corrective lenses. I can do Red Dots ok, but lighted reticles in scopes are a negative for any kind of precision work.

You might not have that problem but thought I'd bring it up.

That makes them look fuzzy doesn't it? Does it do the same with one that will turn extremely low? The Leica I had would adjust to where you couldn't even tell it was on in total darkness. One adjustment above that and you could just barely detect it. It was dim enough that on low it would look more like a slightly colored dot than an illuminated dot.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Nikon Scope with Lighted Reticle - 05/24/17 03:46 PM

Essentially makes it look washed out and not like a dot. It all depends Trijicon fiber optic looks ok to my eyes, Etched glass illuminated looks better because it is sharper. The size of the reticle or dot helps as well as turning the brightness down.

Sucks all around.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Nikon Scope with Lighted Reticle - 05/24/17 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Rmart30
I bought the GF a Vortex with lighted reticle dot so she could get on target quicker.

Has 10 or 12 brightness settings and has been a good scope. Was around $200 shipped iirc.

I have the "Hogger" on my 30:06. It has a 30mm tube and 56MM lens with the lighted dot. I can see great with it late & the dot barely on. I have a new 308 and want something a tad smaller than a 56mm bell. The Nikon's I've seen on SWFA have a 30mm tube and I believe it has 10 power settings for the reticle. It's priced just under $600.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM