Aldeer.com

Handgun ammo ballistics tests.

Posted By: perchjerker

Handgun ammo ballistics tests. - 05/15/17 12:04 PM

I found this very interesting.Especially tests on SELF DEFENSE AMMO's.

Lucky Gunner Labs
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Handgun ammo ballistics tests. - 05/15/17 08:07 PM

Nice
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Handgun ammo ballistics tests. - 05/15/17 08:36 PM

They put out some good videos.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Handgun ammo ballistics tests. - 05/15/17 08:44 PM

My 45ACP carry is loaded with 230gr Winchester Ranger T. These rounds are the old Black Talon without the black coating, to be politically correct. That 1" expansion is impressive!
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: Handgun ammo ballistics tests. - 05/16/17 07:07 AM

I'm thankfull handgun bullets have improved.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Handgun ammo ballistics tests. - 05/16/17 09:09 AM

I would echo that .45ACP 1" is just impressive.

The velocity is not there with any handgun to really create any kind of shock in my opinion unless you shot a Five-seven. Just at face value you can kind of see why the .38 was not considered a real "man stopper" vs. the .357. You can also see how the 9mm vs 40 debate can just rage on and on but it really just comes down to a couple more rounds and recoil.

Ultimately it is really just about how big a hole you can put through someone and hopefully they'll bleed out or be wounded bad enough they can't fight back. The .45ACP wins assuming you aren't going to take but a couple shots. Which is realistic. That's why our fathers and grandfathers in the Pacific at night were able to keep the Japanese out of their fox holes.

My last thought... give me a shotgun any day in CQB.
Posted By: bholmes

Re: Handgun ammo ballistics tests. - 05/16/17 11:25 AM

Very cool, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Cactus_buck

Re: Handgun ammo ballistics tests. - 05/16/17 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Goatkiller
I would echo that .45ACP 1" is just impressive.

The velocity is not there with any handgun to really create any kind of shock in my opinion unless you shot a Five-seven. Just at face value you can kind of see why the .38 was not considered a real "man stopper" vs. the .357. You can also see how the 9mm vs 40 debate can just rage on and on but it really just comes down to a couple more rounds and recoil.

Ultimately it is really just about how big a hole you can put through someone and hopefully they'll bleed out or be wounded bad enough they can't fight back. The .45ACP wins assuming you aren't going to take but a couple shots. Which is realistic. That's why our fathers and grandfathers in the Pacific at night were able to keep the Japanese out of their fox holes.

My last thought... give me a shotgun any day in CQB.

Although it's hard and training is crucial but that's why you aim for the kill switch. Shoot em in the brainstem and they will drop like a box a rocks. Or attempt to disable by shooting for heart or lungs until the threat is disabled.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Handgun ammo ballistics tests. - 05/20/17 07:21 PM

No 10mm data?
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: Handgun ammo ballistics tests. - 05/20/17 07:53 PM

If you ever lay hands on Norma original loads you'll see why the .40 was invented. As far as 10mil data just look at .41 mag data think around 85% one shot stops Marshall&Sanow data.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM