Aldeer.com

DPMS Oracle at Larry's

Posted By: Ron A.

DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/15/17 06:28 PM

it looks like the AR-15 prices have hit close to rock bottom.
i saw where Larry's in Huntsville has them for 444.44.
i wonder how much cheaper they can go.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/15/17 06:45 PM

The market is saturated with them and there's no threat against the 2nd Amendment for at least 3 1/2 years so prices should be the best we've seen in 10 or 12 years.
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/15/17 07:38 PM

It is interesting how AKs&SKSs used to be the cheap rifle of choice.
Posted By: hgmike

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/15/17 09:01 PM

Now if ammo prices would drop significantly.
Posted By: James

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/15/17 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: hgmike
Now if ammo prices would drop significantly.

Damn right.....
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/16/17 08:30 AM

Better stock up, you got at least 3.5 yrs to do so.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/17/17 01:20 PM

DPMS isn't going to go out of business selling them for $450 but what is about to happen is all the fly-by-night "custom" AR builders and the people that are small making accessories are bout to be out of business.

So keep that in mind if you want some parts even rails and barrels, etc. Prices are going to be rock bottom as they sell out and they'll be gone altogether here shortly.
Posted By: SkipJack

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/17/17 08:35 PM

Yeah it won't get much lower than that unless the dealers are willing to take a loss. Sometimes you just need to pay the bills so who knows. It's a buyers market right now!
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/19/17 08:12 PM

Larry's was down to 2-3 S&Ws as of yesterday. think they are ~$500
Posted By: modoc_333

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/19/17 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Goatkiller
DPMS isn't going to go out of business selling them for $450 but what is about to happen is all the fly-by-night "custom" AR builders and the people that are small making accessories are bout to be out of business.

So keep that in mind if you want some parts even rails and barrels, etc. Prices are going to be rock bottom as they sell out and they'll be gone altogether here shortly.

exactly. and in a similar say..... I keep laughing when I see the prices some people are trying to get for their "custom built" (pieced together, or just off the shelf AR15s. They got really into the culture of having an AR, let their buddies and the local shop talk them into something big-time while the fear of Obama was at it's peak, and now they want to sell it for close to what they have in it..... not going to happen. Those things are EVERYWHERE.
Posted By: roadkill

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/19/17 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Steve - I still have another one of these. Took mine to the range today and fired about 100 rounds through it - lots of fun. You know you want one. smile [img:center]002 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/27290231@N08/][/url][/img]
Posted By: modoc_333

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/19/17 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: roadkill

Steve - I still have another one of these. Took mine to the range today and fired about 100 rounds through it - lots of fun. You know you want one. smile [img:center]002 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/27290231@N08/][/url][/img]

Absolutely!
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/24/17 07:25 AM

Sportsmans guide has a ATI brand on sale for members at $398..Last time I ordered it was $10 to ship and $20 for my transfer..So that would be less than $430.. Thinking about getting one.

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/24/17 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Big AL 76
Sportsmans guide has a ATI brand on sale for members at $398..Last time I ordered it was $10 to ship and $20 for my transfer..So that would be less than $430.. Thinking about getting one.

Sold out - they imported 1000 of the 9mms. Lots of fun to shoot.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/24/17 12:30 PM

That looks like a lot of fun. What is it?

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/24/17 02:47 PM

Its an ATI imported GSG (German Sports Gun) copy of the WWII Machine Pistol MP40. They make a version in .22 cal and just brought in this model in 9mm. It has a 10" barrel, semi auto, 25 round magazine. Only one thousand were brought in, another larger shipment is ordered and should be in by this fall. Lots of fun to shoot and looks good on the wall. gets a lot of cool points in the military shooter areas.
Posted By: pcola4

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/24/17 04:11 PM

That is really cool!
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/24/17 05:37 PM

Its an ATI imported GSG (German Sports Gun) copy of the WWII Machine Pistol MP40. They make a version in .22 cal and just brought in this model in 9mm. It has a 10" barrel, semi auto, 25 round magazine. Only one thousand were brought in, another larger shipment is ordered and should be in by this fall. Lots of fun to shoot and looks good on the wall. gets a lot of cool points in the military shooter areas.

Any idea which dealers will be getting the next shipment?

Re: DPMS Oracle at Larry's - 04/24/17 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: CKyleC

Any idea which dealers will be getting the next shipment?

Sure don't. Lots of folks looking for one. Very sought after in the WWII display and reenactor area. I got the two that came into Larry's. Have been shooting one and am holding on to the other for the gun show in Hsv in May. Will find something to trade it on there.

Better photo

[img:center]011 by [url=https:/photos/27290231@N08/][/url], on Flickr[/img]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM