Aldeer.com

300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs

Posted By: PanolaProductions

300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/17/16 07:37 PM

What is the best and most affordable subsonic round for hogs? I know most people don't like to shoot subsonics for hunting, but if you had to choose one, which one? It would be with a 8.5" SBR with SilencerCo Omega can.
Posted By: Mdees

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/17/16 08:18 PM

I've done all my subsonic killing with 220gr FMJs. PMC and Remington I think. I don't think they expand at all but I only take headshots so it doen't matter. Make sure that YOUR barrel stabilizes whatever you choose before putting it through the can.
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/17/16 10:11 PM

Not to be rude,why subsonic?
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/17/16 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: dave260rem!
Not to be rude,why subsonic?

To take full advantage of the suppressor. No ballistic crack from going supersonic. Makes it hard to tell where the shot came from. And puts a grin on the face of the trigger man wink
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/17/16 10:24 PM

Allrighty.Look into plain old 180grain softpoints then.

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/17/16 10:24 PM

Too be honest, out of an AR without the gas shut off, even subs ate not that quiet. And subsonic range is realistically within 75 yards you can hear the action quite well at that distance and beyond.
With a bolt gun or single-shot it is a different story and can be damn near movie quiet.

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/18/16 10:34 AM

Im not trying to shoot hogs past 100 yds. I know the range is limited. All I want to know is what the supposed 'best' subsonic round is for hogs so I can buy a few and see if the sound tradeoff is worth it. This gun will be on the golf cart at all times and during turkey season it would be nice to not have to worry about letting that hog walk across the road in frontof you because you dont want to spook a bunch of turkeys.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/18/16 10:58 AM

http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/ultimate-300-aac-blackout-ammo-test/

So happy can rules changed last week. Ordering my can today.

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/25/17 02:06 PM

Any more recommendations?

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/25/17 10:25 PM

I only use 220gr FMJ and headshots but I hear from several others that Leighigh(sp) Defense are among the tops for expanding subs. But these do not qualify as most affordable.
Posted By: James

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/25/17 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: jmudler
http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/ultimate-300-aac-blackout-ammo-test/

So happy can rules changed last week. Ordering my can today.
Just realized this was over a year old. Just what changes were u happy about them making? Me i got my trust in before the BS changes, that forced you and everyone on your trust to get fingerprinted. Only plus i seen was not having to have your local sheriff sign off...
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: 300 Blackout Suppressed Subsonic Round for Hogs - 07/26/17 12:39 AM

Makes me wonder the same thing, James. Nothing to be happy about IMHO.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM