Aldeer.com

shrimp boil need help

Posted By: fedex

shrimp boil need help - 10/10/13 08:09 PM

cooking a shrimp boil for 13 need recepies
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/10/13 10:29 PM

Zateran's(the powder kind), red skin potatoes, fresh corn on the cob, conecuh sausage, and shrimp. Thank me later.
Posted By: hyco

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/10/13 10:37 PM

same thing as above but use swamp fire or slap yo momma seasoning. Bring water to boil, add seasoning,salt and a couple of bay leaves. Put corn, potatoes, sausage, and quartered onion in water. Cook till potatoes are just done. Add shrimp, boil for 7 minutes turn off fire add ice to stop cooking. Soak for 10 minutes. Enjoy

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/10/13 11:53 PM

I've never understood the ice. Guys I work with put ice on their shrimp when they take it out of the water. I tell them not to do mine that way. I like mine hot.
Posted By: SEMINOLES

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/11/13 08:22 AM

The ice makes them peel easier. Use Ron & Jerry's seasoning or Swamp Fire (both really good). Do like Hyco said and you can also add garlic and lemons. I've even thrown brussel sprouts in and they turned out awesome.

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/11/13 08:25 AM

I don't know how they could peel any easier.
Posted By: hallb

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/11/13 08:49 AM

I think the ice keeps the shrimp from over-cooking while you let them soak. I personally cook the veggies/sausage, cut the fire off, throw the shrimp in and let it soak for 10-15 mins, sprinkle a little seasoning on top of it all after you dump it out.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/11/13 09:00 AM

I always throw the shrimp in and when it starts back boiling take it off the fire and let it set for 15 minutes. Dang now I'm hungry!
Posted By: jessicaleeluna

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/11/13 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: trlrdrdave
I always throw the shrimp in and when it starts back boiling take it off the fire and let it set for 15 minutes. Dang now I'm hungry!

Same here, I do a couple cans of beer and Old Bay, pinch of sea salt--once it comes to a big boil, I throw the shrimp in, put a lid on it and shut off the heat--let it sit til they're done. Gotta sacrifice a test-shrimp for that wink Doesn't take more than a few minutes.

Been going out to Ft Myers Beach to get fresh ones off the boats these past few weeks...nothing better!
Posted By: DeerTracker

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/11/13 03:02 PM

Very simple to do as was mentioned above and nearly idiot proof as long as you do not over cook the red potatoes. They will disintegrate if you cook them too long.
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/16/13 01:38 PM

I always squeeze the juice from a couple of lemons and one orange into my boil.

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/23/13 09:06 PM

thanks yall for the help it was great
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/24/13 09:08 AM

where can I buy several pounds of fresh shrimp for a boil? can travel if needed
Posted By: L8hnter

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/24/13 11:46 AM

Sextons In Cahaba Heights
Posted By: hallb

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/24/13 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: fedex
thanks yall for the help it was great

Well, tell us the process you used??
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/25/13 04:08 AM

Do you have a number?
Originally Posted By: L8hnter
Sextons In Cahaba Heights
Posted By: Ben2

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/27/13 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Big AL 76
Do you have a number?
[quote=L8hnter]Sextons In Cahaba Heights
[/quote
205-967-3437
Posted By: cchoque93

Re: shrimp boil need help - 10/28/13 11:14 AM

mushrooms, edamame sp? like the peas you get at sushi places, snap beans, cauliflower
Posted By: agr654

Re: shrimp boil need help - 12/01/13 09:14 PM

X2 on the mushrooms. Don't really like them...until they are in crab boil. Same way with brussel sprouts.
Posted By: Shaneomac1

Re: shrimp boil need help - 12/10/13 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: hyco
same thing as above but use swamp fire or slap yo momma seasoning. Bring water to boil, add seasoning,salt and a couple of bay leaves. Put corn, potatoes, sausage, and quartered onion in water. Cook till potatoes are just done. Add shrimp, boil for 7 minutes turn off fire add ice to stop cooking. Soak for 10 minutes. Enjoy
Posted By: k bush

Re: shrimp boil need help - 12/11/13 08:02 AM

Add a couple of heads of cabbage cut into quarters. They'll soak up lots of goodness.
Posted By: Seth86

Re: shrimp boil need help - 12/11/13 06:32 PM

Mushrooms and onions as well in mine.
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: shrimp boil need help - 12/15/13 07:37 PM

Haven't tried the mushrooms yet. I love a big pot of royal reds.

I put enough water to cover the potatoes corn and conecuh. Put about a tablespoon of white vinegar and some old bay seasoning. I bring it to a boil and boil until the potatoes ore done. Throw in the shrimp and bring back to a boil. As soon as it starts to boil again I turn the fire off and let sit about 5-10 min.

Re: shrimp boil need help - 04/23/14 09:08 PM

gona try that swamp- fire nxt weekend
Posted By: WaYnE4AU

Re: shrimp boil need help - 04/24/14 10:01 AM

Y'all need to throw some cheesy bratwurst in after cooking the potatoes for about 15 mins!
Posted By: Jess

Re: shrimp boil need help - 04/24/14 11:11 AM

Just FYI Billys seafood in Bon Secour will ship fresh shrimp from the gulf. We did this at Christmas, Delish!!!
Posted By: cartervj

Re: shrimp boil need help - 04/24/14 08:25 PM

Shrimp take only about a minute to cook.
I wait til the last minute to throw them in. Lobster and shrimp become rubbery when overcooked.

Re: shrimp boil need help - 04/24/14 08:43 PM

i will that sounds good .do i need to cut them up or leave whole?
Posted By: WaYnE4AU

Re: shrimp boil need help - 05/02/14 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: fedex
i will that sounds good .do i need to cut them up or leave whole?
if this was a response to adding cheesy bratwurst then u leave them whole! Sorry for the late answere.
Posted By: MarkBAMA

Re: shrimp boil need help - 05/26/14 09:09 AM

I threw about 4lbs in the water last night with some taters, corn, sausage and Brussel sprouts. I thought that with all of that we would have some to snack on today too. Man my kids put a dent in them and we barely had enough left for a shrimp cocktail.

Re: shrimp boil need help - 07/22/14 03:23 PM

Mmm
Posted By: Sulli

Re: shrimp boil need help - 07/22/14 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
Zateran's(the powder kind), red skin potatoes, fresh corn on the cob, conecuh sausage, and shrimp. Thank me later.
this
Posted By: quickshot

Re: shrimp boil need help - 07/23/14 02:41 PM

I like using zaterans hot (powder kind as well) red skin taters corn on cob couple onions sliced in quarters mushrooms couple lemons cut in halves and two cans dark beer I prefer Third shift lager beer 1lbs of conecuh sausage throw in shrimp or crawfish last min
Posted By: deerman24

Re: shrimp boil need help - 08/05/14 06:24 PM

do not over cook your shrimp. Put them in the boiling water, let boil for 2 minutes and then let soak for 10m minutes then add ice or cold water to stop the boiling process. let them soak in the cool water until you get the taste you like. Boiling too long makes them hard to peel.
Posted By: SEMINOLES

Re: shrimp boil need help - 08/06/14 08:18 AM

I've been putting a stick of butter in the boil and it's helped with peeling. Also, once my veggies are done I pull them out, cut the heat off and then dump the shrimp in to soak for 10 mins. It's worked well this summer.

Ice isnt a bad idea either.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM