Aldeer.com

Green tomato recipes.

Posted By: Semo

Green tomato recipes. - 11/05/23 09:43 PM

It got cold enough up here I had to pick my garden. I have green tomatoes to spare. So far I have made 4 quarts of salsa, 3 quarts of relish, Pickled 4 quarts, 3 quarts of sweet and sour mixed with onion, a whole crockpit full of green tomato marinara, and fried a few.

I thought about trying to make chutney or green curry paste. Any other ideas would be great.

I had about 3.5 five gallon buckets of these things.... I think I also have a good lead on a colonic recipe if anyone is interested. I hear people go to spas and pay big money for that and I just stumbled upon it.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Green tomato recipes. - 11/05/23 10:39 PM

Fried
Posted By: tombo51

Re: Green tomato recipes. - 11/06/23 12:55 PM

Salt & pepper them coat with a little olive oil top with half pc of bacon & parm cheese bake at 375 till bacon is done
Posted By: globe

Re: Green tomato recipes. - 11/06/23 05:18 PM

I either pan fry them or grill them with a little EVOO and your favorite seasoning.
I don’t bread green tomatoes. I’m thinking about trying a green tomato salsa one day.

Re: Green tomato recipes. - 11/06/23 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by tombo51
Salt & pepper them coat with a little olive oil top with half pc of bacon & parm cheese bake at 375 till bacon is done

That does sound good. Thanks

Re: Green tomato recipes. - 11/06/23 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by globe
I either pan fry them or grill them with a little EVOO and your favorite seasoning.
I don’t bread green tomatoes. I’m thinking about trying a green tomato salsa one day.

The salsa is great. I just cubed them and added onion, a good handful of jalapenos (also from the garden), cilantro, and spices. It turned out great. The color is a bit more brown than green due to the spices. My 11 yr old called it the diarrhea salsa... but it tastes great.
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: Green tomato recipes. - 11/06/23 09:40 PM

buttermilk, egg wash, cornmeal, hot grease, salt pepper, crystals hot sauce
Posted By: James

Re: Green tomato recipes. - 11/07/23 11:25 AM

I'd like to make some candied Green Tomatoes
© 2024 ALDEER.COM