Aldeer.com

Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville

Posted By: top cat

Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/14/22 12:19 AM

May have just hit a bad night but what a waste of time and $$$.
Had some baked oysters. Pretty good but they were still attached to the shell.
Onion petals breading was coming off.
My and my daughter's steaks were way over. Fillet was tough and had no flavor. Ribeye was just a bad cut and the seasoning was salty.
Wife had grilled shrimp and they were tasty.
Had to ask 3 times to get extra butter and sour cream.
Almost two Franklins.
Possibly the worst steak I've ever ordered.
Reminded me why I cook my own.
And the bread was still raw in the middle
Rant over
Posted By: James

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/14/22 12:39 AM

Well Damn cat that sucks. I know it's tough right now, but there's no excuse for a place like to turn out sub par dishes, especially what it costs.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/14/22 12:44 AM

Daggum. I was excited about trying it out. Maybe not now.
Posted By: blade

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/14/22 01:02 AM

Never ate at the one at Guntersville, but the couple south I eat at are always good.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/14/22 01:45 AM

A friend of mine's is there tonight. Interested in what he says about the food.

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/14/22 01:50 AM

Post up what his thoughts were
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/14/22 03:09 AM

Bad meal experience at expensive place sucks
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/15/22 12:48 AM

Have been to the one in Auburn a couple of times. Been happy and will go back. Hopefully they get that one under control.

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/15/22 02:12 AM

I'll wait awhile and give them one more shot. We ate very little of the steak and ended up with 6 take home boxes. Cubed leftovers and heated slowly with butter and some seasonings. Ate it but was still subpar
Posted By: quailman

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/15/22 02:25 AM

Been to the one in Orange Beach. Decent Steak, but not what I guess I was thinking. I'll go again though.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/15/22 04:58 AM

The one in Andalusia has been good the few times I’ve went. But to be fair, by the time we get seated each time I’ve already had a few Tito’s drinks from the bar then another one or two at the table before I get my steak. So take that for what it’s worth.
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/15/22 09:59 AM

A buddy at work and I were talking about it just last week. Wondering if it was going to be any good. I asked if he had heard and reviews yet. He said a frog his had posted on Facebook that he wasn’t impressed and had gotten better steaks at longhorn steakhouse, for what it’s worth. The old harbor house set a high bar for me. So until positive reviews come out I’ll wait.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/15/22 12:40 PM

BAD when a frog isnt impressed........
Posted By: jb20

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/15/22 01:15 PM

I don't usually go out for steak but old Town Stackhouse in Guntersville has good ones...
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/16/22 02:48 AM

I've only eaten a couple of times at Big Mike's. Not a bad steak but their reputation exceeds the reality IMHO.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/16/22 04:17 AM

Have eaten twice at Mikes in Orange Beach. Not impressed at all, won't go back

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/16/22 07:16 PM

Honestly think the cuts weren't prime and the cook had no idea
Posted By: snakebit

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/16/22 09:24 PM

That is upsetting.
I have eaten at the one in Andalusia and Thomasville and have always had a good experience.
Seems like as the chain grows the quality is lacking.

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/17/22 01:44 AM

I hav had several great experiences at Tville - then after several months - had a few duds - mostly good - but for that price - need consistent
My last several here hav been very good
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/22/22 11:31 PM

I just ate at the one in in orange beach an it was dang fine…but me an my wife split the big ribeye..it was good. I hate that TC..you know..im immersed in everything that happens in this city one way or another because i work here…ive done alot of work on that development an it bothers me when people arent happy. I met the guy and gal that moved to town to help get it up and running..they are really hoping its successful and i feel like it will be, this is the beginning for them. The whole harbor development was struggling to staff so im told but i think its got alot better. Please give it one more try, but give it awhile to get through the growing pains. Me and alot of folks are hopin this whole deal is a big sucess…lot of us have worked really hard and want commerce to flourish so we can all have some nice new amenities and restraunts to enjoy🙂🇺🇸

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/22/22 11:34 PM

I will when it cools down. Kinda felt like I was on vacation 25 miles from home. Spend some time and maybe have a beverage

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/23/22 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Shaneomac2

Just saw this, oh well spell check wanted frog instead of friend
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/23/22 12:19 PM

That’s what happens when you start selling franchises and cannot control quality or training properly.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/23/22 12:25 PM

That’s what happens when you start selling franchises and the original owners and managers cannot properly control quality, service or training at the new locations. You end up with a bunch of average, at best, restaurants. Most local start-ups do not have the corporate and management infrastructure in place, to be able to properly franchise while maintaining food quality and experience. Happens all the time and they are rarely as good as the original.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/23/22 12:41 PM

I eat at the one in Andalusia twice a month. I have always had good service and food. It's one the our favorite places to eat and it's close to home. Now the wait times on the weekend are a little excessive, but it's expected when a lot of folks come from out of town to eat there.

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/23/22 12:55 PM

^^^
That’s about how much we hit Tville one - it usually very good - had some misses on steak - every entree I tried been good
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/23/22 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by imadeerhntr
Originally Posted by Shaneomac2

Just saw this, oh well spell check wanted frog instead of friend

thumbup
Posted By: XVIII

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/23/22 01:21 PM

wife and i have gotten the big mike's several times and ordered the sharing plates...that particular cut of ribeye has always been good and cooked well at oba

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 08/24/22 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Squeaky
I eat at the one in Andalusia twice a month. I have always had good service and food. It's one the our favorite places to eat and it's close to home. Now the wait times on the weekend are a little excessive, but it's expected when a lot of folks come from out of town to eat there.

The company I work for did a job a the Shaw plant in Andalusia a few years ago. And everyone that worked there raved about how good a steakhouse it was. I was expecting the same at Guntersville

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 07/12/23 01:15 AM

Thread resurrection time…Has anyone been to the G’ville location lately? We have yet to try it and our anniversary is coming up. We’d like to give it a try but don’t want to go with high hopes (and big $$) just to be underwhelmed.

Thoughts from the group? I’m leaning towards playing it safe and going to our favorite (and tried and true consistent great experience): Connor’s in Bridge Street.
Posted By: globe

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 07/12/23 02:40 PM

We went to the one in Moundville a couple saturdays ago and it was really good.
Fried green tomatoes might be the best I’ve ever had.
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 07/12/23 03:07 PM

I've never had a Bad meal at the one in Auburn and Orange Beach. Go to the one here in Auburn regularly.

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 07/12/23 05:40 PM

Not Big Mike's but.... daughter took me to Long Horn for Father's Day. Can honestly say I had one of the best ribeyes I've ever had and cooked to perfection. Think it was 20oz.
Posted By: Ryano

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 07/12/23 06:13 PM

I went to the Gville one on Sat. We split the big ribeye and it was good. The cut was great with harly any waste. The fried shrimp were great. Between the two of us, there was nothing to complain about. I can't say it was worth the money, but that's my thought on all restaurants.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 07/13/23 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
I've never had a Bad meal at the one in Auburn and Orange Beach. Go to the one here in Auburn regularly.

Gonna have to give it a try here soon.......

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 07/13/23 02:35 AM

Good input. Thanks, gents.

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 07/13/23 11:22 PM

Just had good meal at one n auburn last night
Posted By: johnv

Re: Big Mike's Steakhouse Guntersville - 07/14/23 02:17 AM

Friend of mine went to the one in Guntersville lastnight and said it was really good
© 2024 ALDEER.COM