Aldeer.com

Who has done Whole 30?

Posted By: Clem

Who has done Whole 30? - 09/27/21 07:59 PM

We started doing this. Have been scouring packages, tossing stuff, etc. I noticed this morning that my multivitamins have 6 grams of sugar. WTF? Unreal. Sugar is in almost everything processed.

Whole 30 doesn't look terrible. Just changing some habits and making new ones.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: Heath

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/27/21 08:13 PM

I just looked that up. It looks miserable.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/27/21 08:20 PM

It's the elimination of sugars and dairy, mostly. Two things Americans are addicted to that helps more than 40% of the country be obese and another 20+% be overweight.

I'm tired of being a fatass and don't want any more medical issues for me or my wife than we'll normally have when we're 70.
Posted By: BPI

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/27/21 08:24 PM

You don't realize everything that has sugar in it until you try to cut it out of your diet. It's unreal, especially avoiding carbs.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/27/21 08:44 PM

Just eat plants and animals. Attempt to avoid anything that has a nutrition label.

Eat fruit(avocado, olive) and animal oils (tallow, butter) . Avoid processed oils (canola, cottonseed, etc)
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 01:35 AM

I’m on day 29. This is my 3rd time to complete (after tomorrow) whole30. It’s a good diet. Get to eat plenty. It’s takes a lot of prep and nearly impossible to eat out. But if you’re able to eat every meal that you prepare, it’s not bad. I’m planing to continue to mostly eat whole30 approved with a few cheats here and there from now on.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by LUMPY
I’m on day 29. This is my 3rd time to complete (after tomorrow) whole30. It’s a good diet. Get to eat plenty. It’s takes a lot of prep and nearly impossible to eat out. But if you’re able to eat every meal that you prepare, it’s not bad. I’m planing to continue to mostly eat whole30 approved with a few cheats here and there from now on.

Now I know why we haven’t met at the rib shack lately thumbup
Posted By: Bronco 74

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 09:58 AM

I’ve lost near 50 lbs in the last 5 years. Eat a lot of chicken and fish. I use the grill three to four times a week. Gave up bacon and hamburger helper

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC

Now I know why we haven’t met at the rib shack lately thumbup

This is true. But it’s about that time! grin

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by TickaTicka
Just eat plants and animals. Attempt to avoid anything that has a nutrition label.

Eat fruit(avocado, olive) and animal oils (tallow, butter) . Avoid processed oils (canola, cottonseed, etc)

We pretty much figured out this is the deal. Plants, animals. Two sections of the store - vegetables and meat.

It really is crazy how much sugar is in everything. I looked at a pack of "healthy oatmeal" and it has something like 14g added sugar. Some beef jerky that is flavored has it. All the "ose" stuff - sucrose, fructose - and corn syrup stuff, it's in almost everything.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 01:55 PM

The whole30 website has ton of great information. It even has a guide of what your body is doing and how you’ll feel along the process. It’s really accurate. As with pretty much anything, days 3-11/13 are the hardest. But there are a lot of really good recipes for whole30 that make it enjoyable. A couple of my favorites are sloppy joe sweet potatoes and whole30 chili. It’s also amazing how good fruit is once you cut out the artificial sugars.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 02:03 PM

here are some pics of the normal meals I’ve had while on whole30

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 03:00 PM

Yesterday I had eggs and kimchi for breakfast, chicken and salad for lunch, salmon and potatoes for supper.

Today we had eggs with onion, mushrooms and spinach, and I added a couple of chicken thighs and kimchi for mine. I like the kimchi and it's been strangely interesting at how it resets my digestive system, in a good way. Plus, fiber and some flavor.

All that looks good, Lumpy. I'd guess that if eating out, finding a ribeye and potato wouldn't be too difficult.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 04:36 PM

The problem with eating steaks out is the marinate that most restaurants use. Pretty much all liquid marinades have soy and/or sugar in the them which are both banned in whole30.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 04:54 PM

Yep. And the couple of places I've had just steak w/ salt-pepper on them, the salt was so heavy it was like a mineral lick.

Kind of reminds me of ordering black coffee. Ask for a plain baked potato and "we brought some sour cream and butter anyway in case you change your mind."

"Black coffee, please."

"You want cream and sugar?"

"No. Just black coffee."

They look at you like you're a cyborg from Venus. LOL

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 04:55 PM

Posted By: jb20

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 05:23 PM

I ate plaeo back when I was trail running a lot...woke up late for a race and grabbed a biscuit and it was unreal how much more energy I had running 😀
I ain't big but I need to get back to eating right, my body overall felt much better

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 05:38 PM

I have a couple of trail halves coming up so it'll be interesting to see if I drop some pounds before them and then feel better with a couple of bagels and peanut butter beforehand.

I'm sure that knocking back some Tailwind or Nuun with the sugars will be like a jolt. LOL

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 05:38 PM

The problem with eating steaks out is the marinate that most restaurants use. Pretty much all liquid marinades have soy and/or sugar in the them which are both banned in whole30.

That's true.

But if the point is to eat clean and once and month you end up having a steak that had some sweetener in it, you are doing really well. Don't sweat the small stuff. You coulda gone to that same restaurant and had the Mac and cheese, the csteak fries and a desert.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 05:39 PM

Does whole 30 allow butter?

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 06:32 PM

That's true.

But if the point is to eat clean and once and month you end up having a steak that had some sweetener in it, you are doing really well. Don't sweat the small stuff. You coulda gone to that same restaurant and had the Mac and cheese, the csteak fries and a desert.

No argument here. Just depends if you want to clean up what your eating to follow whole30 to the book. Either way your good in my book.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 06:33 PM

No. No diary at all. You can use ghee as a fat to cook but I just use olive oil. Giving up butter and cheese is the hardest part for me.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 09/28/21 11:59 PM

No. No diary at all. You can use ghee as a fat to cook but I just use olive oil. Giving up butter and cheese is the hardest part for me.

That's where they lose me. You are eating saturated fat but no grass fed butter? A bit non-sensical.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/01/21 04:21 PM

First week has been ok. Lot of vegetables and fish-chicken. Eggs with spinach, mushrooms and onions for breakfast.

Had a Quest bar this morning. No added sugars. About as nasty as I remember from the last time I ate one months ago. Started to eat an Rx bar, made from dates, and it has 14 grams of sugar. Nothing added, but I passed.

Weekend will be the challenge. LOL
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/05/21 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

Yesterday I had eggs and kimchi for breakfast

damn! i bet your colon is as slick as a PVC pipe ...
Posted By: GrandSlam

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/05/21 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude

Now that’s funny. I don’t care who you are.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/05/21 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude

Purrs like a kitten!

I just finished a bag of kimchi and ordered six more from the place in Brooklyn that I like.

Shinsegae here in H'sv made it themselves but they closed last summer and moved back to Korea. It was very good. I have not had any from a store or mass producer that I like.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/05/21 11:04 PM

good kimchi actually is very tasty ... it’s been a while - but if you’re into that sour/spicy taste, it’s good ... i just dont think i could handle it for breakfast! 😳😱😂😃🤣💩

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/05/21 11:32 PM

The stuff I like is not too sour and isn't spicy. Just right.

www.kimchirules.com ... Mama Oh's kimchi
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/06/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by BPI
You don't realize everything that has sugar in it until you try to cut it out of your diet. It's unreal, especially avoiding carbs.

Yup. Since April of 2019 I've done my best to eliminate them. I stumbled in and out of ketosis from just prior to Christmas until a few weeks ago. I'm now back off carbs. I've dropped 10 lbs in a couple weeks and am already feeling much better. I lost 105 lbs doing the keto diet and gained back 40 in the past 9 months. Part of that was due to being on steroids 5 different times, but that's behind me now. When I drop 30 more, I'm moving to something different, like Paleo or just eating whole foods.

For those of you who think carbs are okay, watch "Fed Up" on Netflix. It is eye opening.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/06/21 12:57 AM

here are some pics of the normal meals I’ve had while on whole30

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That looks fantastic. I see some carbs there, but nothing crazy. I need to look into this. Thanks Clem, and LUMPY.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/06/21 01:00 AM

I might try that, because I like the idea of fermented foods but Oh Lort, the only kimchi I've ever had I bought at Publix in the refrigerated section and I wanted to cut my tongue off to stop the tasting of it. It was HORRIBLE
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/06/21 02:35 AM

We are eating mostly grilled or smoked chicken and fish, steamed veg, salads, some fruits and drinking lots of water and me black coffee. Cut salt and sugar down any where we can. Wife has lost 45 lbs and I have lost 39. In just over 4 months. If I’ll get to scouting more I’ll catch her.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/06/21 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

I might try that, because I like the idea of fermented foods but Oh Lort, the only kimchi I've ever had I bought at Publix in the refrigerated section and I wanted to cut my tongue off to stop the tasting of it. It was HORRIBLE

Yeah, don't eat that chit. It's mushy and usually too salty and nasty.

Next time I'm down your way I'll bring you a bag of mine. It's easy to make, too. I just don't do it.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/06/21 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
We are eating mostly grilled or smoked chicken and fish, steamed veg, salads, some fruits and drinking lots of water and me black coffee. Cut salt and sugar down any where we can. Wife has lost 45 lbs and I have lost 39. In just over 4 months. If I’ll get to scouting more I’ll catch her.

Congrats CHB. That's the way to do it.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/07/21 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

Yeah, don't eat that chit. It's mushy and usually too salty and nasty.

Next time I'm down your way I'll bring you a bag of mine. It's easy to make, too. I just don't do it.

thumbup

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/11/21 02:18 PM

Just checking in….you’re probably in the hardest days right now. Starting to miss old foods and not seeing the benefits on a large scale yet. Stay focused and happy day 15 (if I counted right)

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/11/21 04:58 PM

Thanks. I appreciate it. Didn't stay hardcore. I figured we would not. But we have cut out a lot, eaten a lot cleaner (meat, fish, grilled, baked, veggies) and it's helped. Both have lost a few pounds.

Best I can remember, since we started this last month I have had four pieces of white bread, three (not good) hushpuppies, one small snack can of Pringles, two orders of fries (handful size), maybe one cup of beans (in a bbq burrito), no dairy, no artificial sweetners, and a couple of items with a small amount of added sugars. And six Miller Lites (watching football and at the Stones concert). And a ton of water.

I bought Pop-Tarts last week because I have a trail run this weekend. Me having Pop-Tarts for more than a day is a miracle. LOL. I probably will have those and a bagel this weekend before the half. Maybe not on the Tarts. Still planning. Have done sorta good-well-ok this far.

Defintely not 100% with it but we changed enough that it's easier now to not eat some things - white bread, carby stuff.

Still learning. One more week before back to the doc for a checkup so we'll see. If I haven't lost at least a couple of pounds I'll be pissed.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/13/21 03:26 PM

Sounds like you’re doing great! Whole30 is rough if you’re getting the heart rate up (especially for long periods of time)

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/13/21 03:44 PM

Wife: You have a problem with portion control.

Me: IT SAYS I CAN EAT ALL THE VEGETABLES I WANT SO GIVE ME THAT ROAST AND TUREEN OF SALAD NOW.

LOL

Changing habits is tough. We definitely don't miss the sugars and bad stuff, though.

I have a 13-mile trail run this weekend. Will be interesting to see how things go with it.

Re: Who has done Whole 30? - 10/13/21 09:02 PM

Sounds like you are already getting some extra carbs but I’d highly recommend it on Thursday and especially Friday
© 2024 ALDEER.COM