Aldeer.com

Cooked sardine delicacy

Posted By: FurFlyin

Cooked sardine delicacy - 09/27/21 12:38 AM

And no, I'm not joking.

I've gotten to where I order my canned fish online. I eat a good bit of it. All preserved in Olive Oil.

My last order came in the other day. I got Safe-Catch boneless, skinless sardines. I'd never tried that brand before.

I decided I wanted to try cooking them. I saute'ed 1/4 of a medium onion, and 2 minced cloves of garlic for 5 minutes or so, then I drained the olive oil off the sardines and added them to the skillet. I chopped them up a little and stirred it all until the sardines were steaming. I added some salt. Guys, that stuff was delicious. There was no "heavy" sardine taste. I don't think I'd want to try it with ol timey sardines. These new boneless, skinless ones are so much better.
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 09/27/21 12:53 AM

Isn’t a boneless, skinless sardine just a filet? But I love them too, one of the few things I can eat
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 09/27/21 12:53 AM

Also where are you ordering them from?
Posted By: lckrn

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 09/27/21 01:55 AM

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 09/27/21 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by imadeerhntr
Isn’t a boneless, skinless sardine just a filet? But I love them too, one of the few things I can eat

Originally Posted by imadeerhntr
Also where are you ordering them from?

Yes it's a fillet. I ordered them from Amazon.
Posted By: globe

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 09/27/21 08:22 PM

On the same note, my dad will only eat double Q red sockeye salmon. I’m always like “what’s the difference”? That stuff’s high 4-5.00 a can. He gave me a can the other day, it’s not even in the same category with other salmon in my opinion. Really just a good fish taste, not overly fishy at all. As far as canned salmon anyway.
I love sardines, tuna, salmon, etc….
Posted By: top cat

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 09/27/21 09:13 PM

You can have all you want. I can't find any Natties
Posted By: BPI

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 09/27/21 09:56 PM

Whild bill would approve this recipe
Posted By: Clem

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 09/28/21 03:09 PM

One of the PR companies I do some work with has King Oscar "tinned fish" as a client. I mentioned about how I grew up eating sardines with my dad while hunting and fishing, and A LOT of other people still do this.

Two weeks later I got a box with 8-10 little tins of sardines in olive oil with capers. Fantastic flavor. I can eat them straight out of the can, although I still prefer them with saltines and a drop of hot sauce. But neither of those are necessary.

I grew up on Possum brand. They were good, and big, and had flavor. But these King Oscar are super.

Our daughter was in Italy on the coast over Labor Day. I encouraged her to try some fresh sardines but she didn't. I'd love to go there and try them.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 09/28/21 03:26 PM

I like those lil fish filets in hot sauce and olive oil...
Posted By: globe

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 10/01/21 06:22 PM

Was looking at some king Oscar sardines on Amazon and noticed they were “snap/EBT eligible” purchase…..

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 10/01/21 06:57 PM

That's good. KO sardines and fishes are better than some of the terrible garbage that Snap/EBT people often buy.
Posted By: BearBranch

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 10/01/21 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by jb20
I like those lil fish filets in hot sauce and olive oil...

Yep, that’s some good eatin’
Posted By: HappyHunter

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 10/03/21 10:32 PM

I eat a lot of fish, canned, frozen,fresh etc. maybe 3-4 times a week. Big fan of King Oscar. I don’t prefer heated canned sardines, but like Clem I like them on a cracker with hot sauce. You can get Publix to order fresh whole sardines. On the grill they are very good.

There are websites that rank canned sardines/herring. It is fun to track them down and try them. It is surprising how they differ.

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 10/04/21 10:12 PM

I didn't know Publix would order them. That's great. Thanks for the tip.

Re: Cooked sardine delicacy - 10/06/21 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Clem

I didn't know Publix would order them. That's great. Thanks for the tip.

Me either.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM