Aldeer.com

Smoked cobia

Posted By: Rolloverdave

Smoked cobia - 09/20/21 08:20 PM

Saturday we threw some cobia we cuaght last month on the smoker wrapped in bacon. Have to say it was mighty fine. Used half of the fish to make a smoked dip and ate it with chips wish I’d gotten some pictures
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Smoked cobia - 09/20/21 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rolloverdave
Saturday we threw some cobia we cuaght last month on the smoker wrapped in bacon. Have to say it was mighty fine. Used half of the fish to make a smoked dip and ate it with chips wish I’d gotten some pictures

Why on the Lord's green earth would you ever use cobia fillets to make a smoked fish dip? That's what mackerel, blackfin and yellowfin are for. Cobia is in my opinion, besides maybe scamp, yellow edge grouper, and yellowtail, the best eating fish that swims in the gulf.
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: Smoked cobia - 09/20/21 09:05 PM

I don’t know maybe because he a grown man living in a free country?
Posted By: BPI

Re: Smoked cobia - 09/20/21 09:18 PM

Some of the perks of living in America

1. The second amendment.
2. Smoked Cobia dip.

Sounds great to me Rollover
Posted By: Deadwood

Re: Smoked cobia - 09/20/21 09:59 PM

I can’t think of a bad way to fix Ling.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Smoked cobia - 09/21/21 02:04 AM

Didn’t realize Cobia was so desirable.

I grilled some halibut a friend gave UAB and basted it with buttery Cajun seasoning. It was good but didn’t recall it being so meaty. I thought it was flakier the last time I bought some.
Posted By: Rolloverdave

Re: Smoked cobia - 09/21/21 10:31 AM

I agree with you but when u have plenty in the freezer hell why not. It was mighty fine went great a cold natty light
Posted By: BPI

Re: Smoked cobia - 09/21/21 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by cartervj
Didn’t realize Cobia was so desirable.

I grilled some halibut a friend gave UAB and basted it with buttery Cajun seasoning. It was good but didn’t recall it being so meaty. I thought it was flakier the last time I bought some.

Lemon fish is some count.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Smoked cobia - 09/21/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rolloverdave
I agree with you but when u have plenty in the freezer hell why not. It was mighty fine went great a cold natty light

I was just picking at you and it was probably the best smoked fish dip ever. There really is no bad way to cook or prepare cobia. Firm white meat. Great, fried, grilled, baked, pan sauteed and served topped with any number of sauces or marinades. Super versatile fish that you really cant mess it up.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM