Aldeer.com

Tomato, Lentil, and Curry Soup...

Posted By: Irishguy

Tomato, Lentil, and Curry Soup... - 04/02/21 12:23 PM

Mrs. Irish has been doting on me since I've been down with this sinus infection. Yesterday for lunch she made us up some Indian inspired Tomato, Lentil and curry soup.

Diced onion
5 cloves of garlic
2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes (We didn't have any fire roasted tomatoes so she used 2 cans of diced tomatoes and about 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes)
1 cup of dried lentils
2 carrots thinly sliced
1 can of coconut milk
1 tbsp Curry powder
2 1/2 cups of water
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup of Swiss Chard (You could use just about any green here. Kale would be really good.)
1 good handful of Fresh Cilantro roughly chopped
1/2 a lime
Salt and Pepper to taste

(We had a baked sweet potato in the fridge so she squeezed that in there too. It thickened it all up and added some sweetness. My only contribution to the meal. grin)

Sauté the onion and garlic in the coconut oil.
Add the curry powder and stir.
Add in the rest of ingredients and simmer for about 45 minutes until the lentils are tender. Taste and adjust seasoning.

Once it's ready to serve add in the cilantro and squeeze in the lime, or serve it with lime wedges and top with the cilantro for presentation.

We didn't have any Naan, so we served it with toasted French bread.

Man. I love Indian food... It was a nice lunch on a cold, breezy day for a guy with a head cold.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: Tomato, Lentil, and Curry Soup... - 04/02/21 06:19 PM

I bet thet was was mighty fine looks fantastic as per the usual professional grade
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Tomato, Lentil, and Curry Soup... - 04/02/21 06:43 PM

I love lentil soup. My wife does too. I’ll have to try the curry in it like that. Awesome!
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Tomato, Lentil, and Curry Soup... - 04/03/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by nomercy
I love lentil soup. My wife does too. I’ll have to try the curry in it like that. Awesome!

The curry and the coconut really makes you think that you are in an Indian restaurant.

I think next time instead of adding in the baked sweet potato, we are going to stir in a 16 oz can of pumpkin. The curry, chili flakes, coconut and pumpkin all together would be some neat flavors.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM