Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: We like pork too Irish πŸ˜ƒ - 04/02/21 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by velvet tines
looks tasty.

Agree
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: We like pork too Irish πŸ˜ƒ - 04/02/21 12:05 PM

That looks really nice.

It's interesting that you scored it like that. Was that for presentation or for some other reason?

The only meat that I can think of that I score like that (only not as deep) are cuts like the London Broil, Flank Steak, or Skirt Steak, and the only reason I do that is because they can be tough and I marinate them with citrus and want some of that citrus to get down in there.
Posted By: bald347

Re: We like pork too Irish πŸ˜ƒ - 04/02/21 12:11 PM

I need to try that.
Posted By: Tall Dog

Re: We like pork too Irish πŸ˜ƒ - 04/02/21 01:53 PM

Dang you got that looking fine! Bet it’s delicious.
Gonna put a pork roast on the coals in the morning . Daughter and son- n - law coming in with the kids from Wisconsin
Posted By: BCLC

Re: We like pork too Irish πŸ˜ƒ - 04/02/21 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Irishguy
That looks really nice.

It's interesting that you scored it like that. Was that for presentation or for some other reason?

The only meat that I can think of that I score like that (only not as deep) are cuts like the London Broil, Flank Steak, or Skirt Steak, and the only reason I do that is because they can be tough and I marinate them with citrus and want some of that citrus to get down in there.

The wife bought a pork loin instead of tenderloin so when I trimmed the fat cap I scored it like that to give a little more surface area for the dry rub. On really big loins I’ve scored both sides before.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: We like pork too Irish πŸ˜ƒ - 04/02/21 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC
Originally Posted by Irishguy
That looks really nice.

The wife bought a pork loin instead of tenderloin so when I trimmed the fat cap I scored it like that to give a little more surface area for the dry rub. On really big loins I’ve scored both sides before.

Good idea. That makes a lot of sense.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: We like pork too Irish πŸ˜ƒ - 04/02/21 04:58 PM

Just drooled a little bit!! I’m gonna try that scoring next time.
Posted By: bward85

Re: We like pork too Irish πŸ˜ƒ - 04/03/21 01:40 AM

That looks mighty tasty ol buddyπŸ‘
© 2024 ALDEER.COM