Aldeer.com

Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps?

Posted By: ShaftOne

Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/07/21 03:34 PM

I love it, but I also get tired of wrapping the back straps in bacon, cream cheese, and pepper and slapping them on the grill. Does anyone ever pan sear theirs? If not, what are some other ways you cook yours?
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/07/21 09:48 PM

Cut some thin steaks an sear for a min and finish them off by simmering in brown gravy. You can add some onion and it makes it more gooder
Posted By: top cat

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/07/21 11:45 PM

Cut the back straps in 3" pieces then pound the cut ends until they are around 3/4" steaks. The should be.about 6" wide. Get the grill hot. Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Bout 1 minute, turn 90°, then over. Take them off rare. Put a pat of butter on top and rest in a foil tent. You can cut them with a fork. Folks won't believe it's venison.
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/09/21 12:02 AM

Do some Shish kabobs.
Posted By: Bar270

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/09/21 01:10 AM

I reverse sear with caramelized onion and rosemary
Posted By: Ray_Coon

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/09/21 02:30 AM

https://kentrollins.com/?s=Venison

I do some similar to this on occasion. Very good and you don’t have to freeze your butt off outside at the grill. Perfect cold day post hunt meal.
Posted By: ShaftOne

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/11/21 03:03 AM

Thanks for the info guys.
Originally Posted by top cat
Cut the back straps in 3" pieces then pound the cut ends until they are around 3/4" steaks. The should be.about 6" wide. Get the grill hot. Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Bout 1 minute, turn 90°, then over. Take them off rare. Put a pat of butter on top and rest in a foil tent. You can cut them with a fork. Folks won't believe it's venison.

Do you let it simmer on the grill in the foil or take it off?

I appreciate all the ideas guys.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/11/21 01:53 PM

Cook directly on the grill like any other steak. When you take them off put on a plate then apply a pat of butter and lay a piece of foil over them to rest and retain natural juices. Give it a try. Make sure the grill is well oiled before cooking.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/13/21 03:00 AM

Yep, sear backstrap on the grill by direct or indirect method all the time. Make sure and salt meat at least one hour before grilling, bring to room temp and pull at 120-125.

I like doing bigger pieces (6-8") and cooking them whole, then slicing into serving sizes.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/16/21 12:33 AM

FRYEM!. CANT BEATEM FRIED WITH ONIONS.
Posted By: paintrock

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/18/21 09:41 AM

Fajitas ! Slice them up and throw in some bell peppers in a cast iron skillet, wrap in tortilla.
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/20/21 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by paintrock
Fajitas ! Slice them up and throw in some bell peppers in a cast iron skillet, wrap in tortilla.

Yep, good call.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Different ways to cook Butterflied Back Straps? - 01/23/21 12:41 AM

I have sliced it and fried and had with gravy and biscuits
© 2024 ALDEER.COM