Aldeer.com

Gumbo for Massage Therapist...

Posted By: Irishguy

Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 11/30/20 11:57 PM

Our massage therapist, Trish, and her husband came over last night for homemade gumbo. I didn't take a lot of pictures, but it was homemade with a nice dark roux, smoked turkey, Conecuh sausage, Gulf Shrimp, bell peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes, okra, Worchester sauce, beef broth, etc...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rwh1

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/01/20 01:45 AM

Did you make your own roux?
Posted By: Out back

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/01/20 09:20 AM

My massage therapist's husband doesn't like me.

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/01/20 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by rwh1
Did you make your own roux?

Of course I did. Looked like dark chocolate and smelled like popcorn.

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/01/20 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Out back

He's a pretty good ol' country boy. He's got an old Jeep J10 that is pretty cool. He's a gear head like me and likes old vehicles, motorcycles, good food and good whiskey, plus they are renovating an old house, so we should get along just fine.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/02/20 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Irishguy

He's a pretty good ol' country boy. He's got an old Jeep J10 that is pretty cool. He's a gear head like me and likes old vehicles, motorcycles, good food and good whiskey, plus they are renovating an old house, so we should get along just fine.

How does he feel about you banging his ol lady? laugh

Sorry couldn't help it but the way you word some of your posts about lady friends I just cant help but think you and your ol lady on the freaky side. Just jabbing at you

Looks delicious btw

Carry on.

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/02/20 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dkhargroves
How does he feel about you banging his ol lady? laugh

Sorry couldn't help it but the way you word some of your posts about lady friends I just cant help but think you and your ol lady on the freaky side. Just jabbing at you

Looks delicious btw

Carry on.

Thanks for the compliment.

Regarding the rest of it, you kind of made me think, "Wow did I say something?" so I went back and re-read some of my posts about various lady friends that we have and I couldn't find anything I have said that remotely sounded "suggestive." On the other hand, there have been lots of posts by others that have sounded suggestive, but I can't control that.

I can assure you that I love Mrs. Irish, I am a faithful Christian man and complete gentleman. I do love all our guy and lady friends like brothers and sisters.

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/02/20 11:56 AM

Dude. You're a dude right? I mean you're a marine. You are a dude, right?

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/02/20 11:58 AM

I could post a naked picture of my massage therapist, but out of respect for her I won't do that.
You goobers couldn't handle it anyway.

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/02/20 09:35 PM

An honest man that doesn't screw around on my wife.

I took an oath and I honor it. Semper Fidelis means "Always Faithful." I'm surprised you didn't know that.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/03/20 01:15 AM

I sincerely apologize if I offended you by that post Irish, I meant no harm and was making a joke (distasteful). You dont have to explain yourself to nobody (especially me). I have no filter and a sick, demented sense of humor that a lot of fellas here dont get. Outback prolly does, I may be his long lost son from some extra-marital affair he had laugh

Again I apologize. Kinda feel bad now.

Anyway, your food always looks great buddy. Would love to break bread with you one day.
Posted By: Gunner211

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/03/20 02:16 AM

Irish, you are a good man and I respect you for your statement above. I feel the same way about my wife.
Posted By: GrandSlam

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/03/20 03:38 AM

Mighty big of you Dk. My hat is off to you Sir
Posted By: Farmer Brown

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/03/20 04:08 AM

Thank you sir. Why ask such questions? Nuts.

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/03/20 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dkhargroves
I sincerely apologize if I offended you by that post Irish, I meant no harm and was making a joke (distasteful). You dont have to explain yourself to nobody (especially me). I have no filter and a sick, demented sense of humor that a lot of fellas here dont get. Outback prolly does, I may be his long lost son from some extra-marital affair he had laugh

Again I apologize. Kinda feel bad now.

Anyway, your food always looks great buddy. Would love to break bread with you one day.

I wasn't offended. No apology needed. All you got to do is call and let me know you are coming by and we'll fix up some grub.

I was just making sure that I was not the one that inferred anything, because I respect other people, especially women. Our massage therapist is a great gal and has done wonders for me when I reinjured my back. I know it must be hard for those gals (and guys) that do that, because there's such a stigmatism that goes with their profession.

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/06/20 01:22 PM

We canned a bunch of this and had it again for dinner the other night. It was even better canned...

Perfect dinner on a chilly mountain evening by the fire...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: globe

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/06/20 02:58 PM

Looks great! As always.....
Posted By: Semo

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/06/20 05:47 PM

I have to admit I was skeptical about any post that starts out with "My massage therapist"

Though I did get a massage once....once.

All jokes aside it looks good.
Posted By: brassmagnet

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/08/20 06:14 AM

I've wondered about canning gumbo, do you just put it in jars boiling hot, or water bath it, or does it have to be pressure canned? Looks delicious, I'm thinking a good Cabernet Sauvignon would pair nicely.
Posted By: Driveby

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/08/20 12:16 PM

2 day old gumbo is always better than fresh to me. I haven't canned any but I've frozen it lots of times.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/08/20 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Irishguy

An honest man that doesn't screw around on my wife.

I took an oath and I honor it. Semper Fidelis means "Always Faithful." I'm surprised you didn't know that.

thumbup

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/09/20 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by brassmagnet
I've wondered about canning gumbo, do you just put it in jars boiling hot, or water bath it, or does it have to be pressure canned? Looks delicious, I'm thinking a good Cabernet Sauvignon would pair nicely.

We just hot can it. Put it in clean jars boiling hot. You could probably keep it on the shelf, but we always stick the jars in the fridge. I've pulled soups and stews from the back of the fridge that we have canned this way months later and they were great.
Posted By: Rockstar007

Re: Gumbo for Massage Therapist... - 12/18/20 12:01 AM

Absolutely no doubt in my mind. IRISH is a good guy. One of the best on here for DAMN sure.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM