Aldeer.com

Reverse seared fillet

Posted By: Darrylcom

Reverse seared fillet - 02/09/20 09:02 PM

Got 4 fillets and put them in a raised rack on a cookie sheet.

[Linked Image]best seafood restaurants in carolina beach nc

Then I baked them at 250 for 25 mins. If I had it to do over that would be 20-21 mins for a more rare finished product. Pulled them out to the iron skillet on medium high heat with oil for about 2 mins per side until they had a little crust. Fished them with a pat of butter.

[Linked Image]

After they rested about 5 minutes I sliced one up. I wish it were a little more rare, but I’m just learning this method so my technique will get better with time.

[Linked Image]

I’m smoking some thighs and legs here in a little while on the egg.
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: Reverse seared fillet - 02/09/20 09:45 PM

Looks good to me, that’s the way I like um.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Reverse seared fillet - 02/10/20 12:17 AM

Very nice. I like doing them sous vide for about 6 hours so they get super tender and then searing them.
Posted By: William

Re: Reverse seared fillet - 02/10/20 03:40 PM

I do a reverse sear on my BGE all the time now with thicker steaks. Get a good thermometer. This is the key to this technique. I bring my steaks up to 100-110 then let them rest while I get the cast iron up to temp. Then sear for about 1 min per side. We like ours more rare.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Reverse seared fillet - 02/10/20 04:05 PM

Those look good.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Reverse seared fillet - 02/10/20 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rutabaga
Looks good to me, that’s the way I like um.

me too, I prefer to not have blood shooting out of the arteries.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Reverse seared fillet - 02/10/20 09:54 PM

I tried this and didn't prefer the "fried" taste on the steak that the oil gave.
Posted By: Thisldu

Re: Reverse seared fillet - 02/10/20 11:02 PM

This will work, but it's much easier to control interior temps using the regular sear, and not much difference in taste. Hot cast iron skillet, sear a minute on each side, stick the thermometer probe in and a pat of butter on top and pop it in the oven on 300, and pull it out at 125 for the rarer side of medium rare.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Reverse seared fillet - 02/11/20 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by William
I do a reverse sear on my BGE all the time now with thicker steaks. Get a good thermometer. This is the key to this technique. I bring my steaks up to 100-110 then let them rest while I get the cast iron up to temp. Then sear for about 1 min per side. We like ours more rare.

X2. Exactly how I do it, and it's as good of a steak as you can have IMO
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Reverse seared fillet - 02/11/20 04:15 AM

I’ll try this next time. Thanks
Posted By: lances

Re: Reverse seared fillet - 02/11/20 02:01 PM

Looks great
© 2024 ALDEER.COM