Aldeer.com

Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes

Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 01/29/20 06:27 PM

does this sound like a good recipe to y'all? i need to make up a batch of soup to freeze for my lunches, and was considering this one ... was thinking of doing the IrishGuy rotisserie chicken deal & shredding it for my cooked chicken for this recipe ... also may double it & make quite a bit more

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 01/29/20 09:08 PM

I make This one fairly often and it is always a winner.

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 01/29/20 09:15 PM

thx man!
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 01/29/20 11:21 PM

We made this a couple weeks ago and it was good.

https://pin.it/djatd4taou2dxd

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 01/30/20 12:39 AM

TY sir!

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/04/20 05:43 PM

made the crockpot version posted above; was good, but gonna tweak the recipe some ...
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/06/20 03:43 AM

BGD, we make something very similar and call it taco soup. Very easy to make and healthy if you don’t dress it up to much with cheese and Fritos.

1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can rotel
1 can black beans
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet hidden valley ranch dip mix

Put all the canned veggies in a pot.
Brown meat and add ranch and taco seasoning.
Add meat to pot and bring to a boil. Let simmer for an hour. Top your bowl off with sourcream, Mexican blend cheese and Fritos.

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/06/20 02:21 PM

hey Southwood, i make a recipe like that & also call it taco soup -- what I was looking for, though, is something with chicken & tastes more like an enchilada ... i'm kinda gettin' tired of the taco soup thing! LOL
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/07/20 01:51 AM

https://pin.it/fue77xmr2ztabf
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/07/20 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
hey Southwood, i make a recipe like that & also call it taco soup -- what I was looking for, though, is something with chicken & tastes more like an enchilada ... i'm kinda gettin' tired of the taco soup thing! LOL

10-4, I love a good soup so when you perfect your enchilada soup post up the recipe πŸ˜€

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/07/20 07:55 PM

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» will do ...
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/08/20 01:23 PM

Mrs. Irish made something similar to this last night...

No bell pepper or enchilada sauce though...

2 chicken breast seasoned and browned in olive oil
1 chopped onion
1 stalk of chopped celery
4 cloves of garlic minced
5 cups of water
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of chili peppers
1 can of black beans drained
1 cup of frozen corn
1 can of hominy drained
1 package of cream cheese
1/2 cup of whipping cream
1 heaping tbsp of chili powder
1 tsp cumin

She shredded the chicken after letting it cook in the broth and before adding in the veggies and other stuff.

[Linked Image]

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/08/20 11:47 PM

hey IG, looks great!! can you elaborate on the prep of the chicken breasts & the soup? how long did she let the soup simmer?
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/09/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
hey IG, looks great!! can you elaborate on the prep of the chicken breasts & the soup? how long did she let the soup simmer?

She just browned the seasoned breast, and then let them simmer whole in the broth for an hour before she shredded it. Then she added everything else and let that simmer for about 30 minutes. She didn't add the cream cheese until just before serving.

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/09/20 12:11 AM

perfect; thx!!

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/18/20 07:07 PM

still on this quest ... version 2 was this wkend - turned out MUCH better ... also found some cauliflower "tortilla" chips at ALDI to complement the soup:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/18/20 11:15 PM

What is the net carbs on those chips? May have to try them. How do they taste?

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 02/19/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Darrylcom
What is the net carbs on those chips? May have to try them. How do they taste?

i *think* they said 30g of carbs PER SERVING -- they tasted great to me, not *exactly* tortilla but close enough! i didn't eat many of the chips -- just enough to scratch the itch

Re: Chicken Enchilada Soup - Recipes - 03/02/20 03:42 PM

ok, version 3 this past wkend was a hit; i think we can conclude this project & claim victory ... here's my method (which basically is a modified crockpot recipe post above):

1) USE A CAST IRON DUTCH OVEN IN YOUR STOVE @ 200 DEGREES: I'm convinced this added a deeper flavor to this whole thing that the Crockpot just can't duplicate. I used the plain iron one I have - not my enameled DO.

2) DUMP IN THE FOLLOWING: 1 14oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, 1 14 oz can rinsed black beans, 1 8oz can Hatch green chiles, FILL 8oz Hatch can with Chicken Broth & dump in, 1 package of Frontera green chile Enchilada Sauce, 1 14 oz can corn (optional - we left it out) -- MIX WELL WITH A SPOON

3) PLACE 2 LARGE RAW CHICKEN BREASTS ON TOP OF SOUP: lay chicken breasts on top of the soup & dust the up-facing dry side with a generous amount of cumin

4) PUT LID ON DO & RUN IN YOUR OVEN FOR 6 HOURS

5) REMOVE BREASTS & SHRED IT INTO A POT OF MELTED CREAM CHEESE: the chicken breasts will be falling apart, but carefully remove them from the soup, shred the meat, and dump it into a pot where you've melted some cream cheese (we used a 1/2 block), dusted it again with a little bit of cumin for safe keeping

6) DUMP SHREDDED CHICKEN BACK INTO SOUP & MIX: incorporate the shredded/cream cheese chicken back into the soup & MIX WELL; you should notice the soup turn an orange-ish color at this point

7) SERVE W/4-CHEESE TACO CHEESE ON TOP & TORTILLA CHIPS - a good substitute we found for the low carb crowd for tortilla chips are the cauliflower chips at ALDI
© 2024 ALDEER.COM