Aldeer.com

Overnight oats = Pretty damn good!

Posted By: Irishguy

Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/08/20 07:44 PM

Shortly before the first of the year I got my yearly physical. We get a free month of insurance from our company if we get one. So I get one every year.

I know y'all are going to find this to be a shocker, but they called me back and told me that my cholesterol was high. Who would have thought Irishguy would have high cholesterol... Right? The doctor wanted to put me on medication and I told him to give me 6 months to change a few things: Eating and drinking habits, exercise, etc... And lets see what I could do naturally to bring it down. Which brings us to overnight oats.

I made some for both of us last night.

For mine I used:

1/2 cup of regular old fashioned rolled oats (uncooked)
1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup of 2% Fairlife milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp chia seeds
pinch of salt

I put all that in a pint Mason jar, and stirred it up.

Then I added frozen berries on top, put on the lid, put it in the fridge and went to bed. In the morning I threw it in my backpack with my lunch and ate it cold at my desk this morning after stirring it up and it was damn good.

Since I've started my morning workouts back too, I'm going to start adding some Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey to them for extra protein in the morning after my workouts.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/09/20 12:58 AM

I love overnight oats. My favorite so far is smashed up banana, spoon of peanut butter, chocolate protein powder, oats, almond milk.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/09/20 02:25 AM

Gotta tell you guys, eating carbs isn't going to help your cholesterol. Eating fat and no carbs will help your cholesterol or at least it has helped mine.
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/09/20 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Gotta tell you guys, eating carbs isn't going to help your cholesterol. Eating fat and no carbs will help your cholesterol or at least it has helped mine.

I have mine checked every 6 months. I’m on the low side for cholesterol. Low carb does it. When my wife insists I add fat to what I’m eating. Avocado, mayo, eggs etc. Oil is good. When we need to fry in butter we use ghee butter if I spelled that right. Before low carb my cholesterol was way too high.

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/09/20 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
I love overnight oats. My favorite so far is smashed up banana, spoon of peanut butter, chocolate protein powder, oats, almond milk.

Yep...

the ones I made for us both last night were:

oatmeal
Greek yogurt
milk
Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey
peanut butter
cocoa powder
salt

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/09/20 10:52 AM

Here's a picture of the one I had yesterday. (I know everyone likes pics in a food thread. grin)

I can honestly say that I like the texture and taste of oatmeal this way much better than oatmeal that has been cooked the normal way.

[Linked Image]

Yes it looks pink because of the blend of berries that it has in it.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/09/20 12:27 PM

Low carb, high fat and moderate protein will drop your lipid profiles ( for 90% of the population).

Eat those steaks with butter, rice cauliflower and green veggies. Skip the bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, tortillas, etc.
Posted By: William

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/09/20 09:22 PM

True Nutrition

I've used these guys before for overnight oats. Custom blended with protein powder and chia seeds for some crunch.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/10/20 03:12 AM

If your one of these guys who abhors modern medication you can take over the counter red yeast rice. It has some of the same properties to lower cholesterol. It works

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/10/20 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 87dixieboy
If your one of these guys who abhors modern medication you can take over the counter red yeast rice. It has some of the same properties to lower cholesterol. It works

I started taking it last week along with CoQ10.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/10/20 03:54 PM

That alone, depending how well your body responds to it, can decrease your total cholesterol at least 30-40 points. Just make sure he checks your liver with blood work your next visit as it is synthesized there.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Overnight oats = Pretty damn good! - 01/10/20 06:57 PM

Throw in spoon full of flax seed .
© 2024 ALDEER.COM