Aldeer.com

Mississippi Deer Roast

Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 02:37 AM

I am not sure how I made it to 35 and never had a Mississippi roast, but it is by far my favorite way to eat a roast. Decided to try it on a recently acquired deer roast. Threw it in the crockpot with a jar of pepperoncini peppers, italian seasoning packet, and a stick of butter. Cook on low for 8 hrs and you have some fine eating over a bed of homemade mashed potatoes!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Can't wait for tomorrow night where the leftovers will be put on some sub rolls, topped with provolone cheese and placed under the broiler to toast!
Posted By: inatree

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 02:53 AM

Buddy I don't know how you made it this far either. We love it.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 02:57 AM

Congrats on figuring it out. We eat them pretty regular.
Posted By: bebo33

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 03:57 AM

Fat and sassy!
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 01:44 PM

Yep. That's good stuff.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 05:21 PM

Neck roast is the one roast I will make sure I get off a deer. Fine, fine eating.
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 05:32 PM

We make ours a little different. Ranch pack, Au jus pack, half a jar of pepperoncinis and half the juice, and a stick of butter.
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Darrylcom
We make ours a little different. Ranch pack, Au jus pack, half a jar of pepperoncinis and half the juice, and a stick of butter.

This is exactly how my wife makes hers. It’s great
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zkd22

This is exactly how my wife makes hers. It’s great

Yep.
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by NWALJM
Neck roast is the one roast I will make sure I get off a deer. Fine, fine eating.

I have been very skeptical of eating neck roasts since the whole CWD thing. something about knowing I'm eating straight off the spinal cord gives me the chills.

***Disclaimer: I know there is no CWD in Alabama (yet) and no known transmission to humans, but it still scares the chit outta me!
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 06:44 PM

That is the true Mississippi Roast recipe.
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/07/20 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by AU_trout_bum
Originally Posted by NWALJM

I have been very skeptical of eating neck roasts since the whole CWD thing. something about knowing I'm eating straight off the spinal cord gives me the chills.

***Disclaimer: I know there is no CWD in Alabama (yet) and no known transmission to humans, but it still scares the chit outta me!

This, however it looks mighty good.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Mississippi Deer Roast - 01/08/20 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer

That is the true Mississippi Roast recipe.

Yep and it’s great
© 2024 ALDEER.COM