Aldeer.com

Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess

Posted By: Irishguy

Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/03/20 07:06 PM

I had to commute into work yesterday from the cabin and it was a miserable trip both ways. Fortunately for me Mrs. Irish whipped up a nice meal using some leftover tenderloin that she sauteed with onions and garlic. She served that with some pan sauteed kale and grits and cheese hoecakes fried in butter on the griddle. Pretty damn good stuff...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BPI

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/03/20 09:02 PM

That looks delicious.
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/03/20 10:50 PM

That does look good.
Posted By: bward85

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/03/20 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rutabaga
That does look good.
Posted By: DGAMBLER

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/04/20 12:15 AM

Besides that green mess...
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/04/20 07:32 PM

Man, those hoe cakes look good. How do you make those?

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/04/20 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by AU_trout_bum
Man, those hoe cakes look good. How do you make those?

We had some leftover cheese grits and she added about a tablespoon of cornmeal and an egg to them. Then she fried them on the griddle like pancakes.
Posted By: wfoxjr

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/15/20 04:10 AM

Iā€™m going to have to try those hoe cakes. They look delicious.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/16/20 10:25 PM

As always, I am envious of your imagination and skills in the kitchen. šŸ‘

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/17/20 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
As always, I am envious of your imagination and skills in the kitchen. šŸ‘

You are being very kind... But just having fun... Cooking and eating. It's not that big of a deal,

Once any of us starts cooking regularly, you begin to learn what stuff goes well together and what naturally to do and it all starts to come together. It's all about experience... Kind of like deer hunting. None of us immediately knew what do do the first time we picked up a rifle, we had to work at it an gain experience.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/17/20 02:25 AM

I'm not trying to brag, but I'm a pretty good cook, and folks who try my cooking will confirm this. I know a lot of good techniques and know what I like, but I'm not very adventurous, and time is also a limiting factor for me. But you and Mrs Irish posess an imagination that I don't have, and you take pretty pictures of food that looks delicious. šŸ‘

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/17/20 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
I'm not trying to brag, but I'm a pretty good cook, and folks who try my cooking will confirm this. I know a lot of good techniques and know what I like, but I'm not very adventurous, and time is also a limiting factor for me. But you and Mrs Irish posess an imagination that I don't have, and you take pretty pictures of food that looks delicious. šŸ‘

I'm very fortunate to be married to a wonderful woman that knows how to cook good too. Fortunately for us we started our relationship really enjoying our time in the kitchen together and for some reason we can both be in there working together and not killing each other.
Posted By: lances

Re: Tenderloin with onions, Kale and Grit Hoecakess - 01/22/20 08:09 PM

Looks delicious
© 2024 ALDEER.COM