Aldeer.com

Recommendations for a vacuum sealer

Posted By: chris3954

Recommendations for a vacuum sealer - 11/25/19 01:15 PM

Going to purchase a vacuum sealer for jerky. What do y'all prefer?

Thanks.
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: Recommendations for a vacuum sealer - 11/25/19 03:38 PM

My wife has a game saver delux plus. She uses it a lot during the garden harvest season. She has worn many other out. The one she has now is three years old and she says it is on its last leg. I think they are like coffee makers, disposable.
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: Recommendations for a vacuum sealer - 11/25/19 03:47 PM

Are you sure you don’t need a dehydrator?
Posted By: JDR4Bama

Re: Recommendations for a vacuum sealer - 11/25/19 03:58 PM

Here's a few good ones from Amazon: 4 Stars or Better

I've never been able to keep jerky around long enough to vacuum seal. You must be doing a big batch.

Re: Recommendations for a vacuum sealer - 11/25/19 05:37 PM

I've already got the dehydrator. Yes sir I've got 6 hind quarters worth of Jerky slices.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Recommendations for a vacuum sealer - 11/25/19 06:09 PM

WOW! You do have a lot of jerky. Regarding the vacuum sealers, I have bought high dollar and mid range to use and have found that they all wear out about the same time, so have not bought a very expensive one again. They all last me a bout three or four years and I have worn our several. BTW, I am Rutabaga's wife. I use my sealers LOTS! I garden big and put lots in the freezer. After they have been used for a few years, as least the way I use them, they begin to not seal as well. They just simply wear out as most appliances these days. Good luck with all that jerky.

Re: Recommendations for a vacuum sealer - 11/26/19 02:25 AM

Thank you
© 2024 ALDEER.COM