Aldeer.com

White sauce recipe?

Posted By: Lonster

White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 12:44 AM

I need a good white sauce recipe for some smoked chicken, anybody got one?

Thanks,
Lonster
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 12:52 AM

Bob Gibson’s, it’s at Publix and easy. We’ve made it a few times but for the trouble just buy it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 01:07 AM

I like mine better than BBG's. Mayo, apple cider vinegar and black pepper is all I put. Good mayo and fresh ground black pepper is the difference. Let it sit in frig over night.
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 01:31 AM

I prefer it mAde with white vinegar , mayo, salt , lemon juice, pepper and a little cayenne,
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by trlrdrdave
I like mine better than BBG's. Mayo, apple cider vinegar and black pepper is all I put. Good mayo and fresh ground black pepper is the difference. Let it sit in frig over night.

I think this is basically Mrs. Irish's recipe and it's a great. She may put something else in her's I'll ask after she wakes up. She's over there snoring right now.
Posted By: SnipeHunter

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 12:19 PM

2/3 Dukes Mayo, 1/3 white vinegar, lots of ground black pepper. You can either shake it up or blend it. Make it a few hours ahead of time and let sit in fridge.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by SnipeHunter
2/3 Dukes Mayo, 1/3 white vinegar, lots of ground black pepper. You can either shake it up or blend it. Make it a few hours ahead of time and let sit in fridge.

Think Jim&Nick's must use this one. Ate there a couple weeks ago and there was so much black pepper you couldn't taste anything else. Truly nasty stuff. So I will say add black pepper to taste. I never measured mine. I just spoon out the mayo. Then add the vinegar till it looks right. Then add the pepper. I have a friend that puts a little splash of buttermilk in his...I can't taste the difference.
Posted By: James

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Irishguy

I think this is basically Mrs. Irish's recipe and it's a great. She may put something else in her's I'll ask after she wakes up. She's over there snoring right now.

Stone ground mustard (I used creole Mustard) Lemon Juice and Brown sugar
Posted By: hallb

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 02:10 PM

This but add horseradish
Posted By: Ant67

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 03:26 PM

Dukes mayo label has a recipe
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/07/19 03:42 PM

Mayo, splash of lime juice, black pepper, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and a chipotle pepper blended up.
Posted By: William

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/08/19 05:47 PM

Duke's mayo is a must. Also, yall try white pepper next time. It's way better.
Posted By: TideWJO

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/08/19 07:16 PM

Snuffy,

How did you get my moms recipe??? LOL
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/08/19 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by TideWJO
Snuffy,

How did you get my moms recipe??? LOL

😁
Posted By: Shotts

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/10/19 01:00 PM

1 quart of Mayo
1 cup of white vinegar
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4 cup of black pepper (adjust to taste)
1/8 cup of salt

This is our basic recipe. I occasionally adjust it to make it a little different with a dash of Dales or Worsch
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/11/19 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by Irishguy

Stone ground mustard (I used creole Mustard) Lemon Juice and Brown sugar

That's it!
Posted By: Lonster

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/12/19 09:40 PM

Thanks guys.
Posted By: Dallas County

Re: White sauce recipe? - 11/14/19 02:13 PM

I use the Paula Dean one and it seems similar to all the ones above.

https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/big-bob-gibsons-white-sauce/
© 2024 ALDEER.COM