Aldeer.com

Muffuletta Sandwich

Posted By: ts1979flh

Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/06/19 03:40 PM

I found a round Italian loaf at Kroger so I ordered some olive salad from Central Grocery and made a muffuletta last night. My goodness, it was so good. Click the links below for pics.

Muffuletta

Muffuletta

Muffuletta
Posted By: donia

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/06/19 04:49 PM

yum!! one of my favorites. the only place here (Starkville) that makes really good ones are at Obys. it is always a toss-up between it and a reuben!
Posted By: BPI

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/06/19 05:34 PM

Oh wow... the olive loaf and the right bread make it ...Looks like you did just that.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/06/19 07:26 PM

Love thos and love making them, even when I don't have the exact round bread. We found a really nice olive salad at Aldi that we like.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/06/19 08:21 PM

They are pretty tasty. Jason's Deli makes a really good one.
Posted By: bald347

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/08/19 04:24 PM

you did good right there!
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/08/19 04:36 PM

Ragtime does a good one; I asked for it grilled a bit on the flat top
Posted By: William

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/08/19 05:46 PM

Man I hate olives. I've tried them repeatedly, but I just can't like them.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/09/19 04:17 AM

I like wrapping them in foil and putting them in the oven for a bit. The cheese melts into the olive salad and the fat loosens up in the meat.
Posted By: Ron A.

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/09/19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by William

x2
Posted By: inatree

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/09/19 03:38 PM

Not a olive fan but I like a good muffuletta. I was heartbroken when I found out Muffulettas closed in Bessemer
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/11/19 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by William

Right there with ya. I want to like olives, they look appetizing but I can’t stand them any way they come.
Posted By: Jackmcbrax

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/11/19 03:01 AM

SIL would fight Tyson for a Muffaletta. I like every component of this sandwich, put them all together I’ll need to find a a dog to get the taste from my mouth.
Posted By: Dallas County

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/14/19 09:06 PM

I spent all day one Sunday making the olive salad and the bread loaf. It was a 12" sandwich, weighed about 3 lbs. Sliced into 4 wedges, dressed up the plate, went to the kitchen to get a beer and my damn dog grabbed it off the table and ate the whole damn thing in less than a minute. Probably 6 hours of work down the drain. I don't make them anymore but still like eating them.
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/14/19 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dallas County
I spent all day one Sunday making the olive salad and the bread loaf. It was a 12" sandwich, weighed about 3 lbs. Sliced into 4 wedges, dressed up the plate, went to the kitchen to get a beer and my damn dog grabbed it off the table and ate the whole damn thing in less than a minute. Probably 6 hours of work down the drain. I don't make them anymore but still like eating them.

This sounds like something that would happen to me. This made me laugh out loud, thanks.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/15/19 12:23 PM

The dog better be glad that you liked it. I've had the same happen to me ( was not a Muffulettas ).
Posted By: Dallas County

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/15/19 03:53 PM

I did like that dog and miss her a lot, it even still like me after I beat her ass silly. She did the same thing with a huge yellowfin steak i had just seared. I don't think she'd have eaten either one if you had put it in her dog bowl, just doing it to piss me off or either she like being beat smile
Posted By: lances

Re: Muffuletta Sandwich - 11/19/19 03:15 PM

Looks delicious
© 2024 ALDEER.COM