Aldeer.com

Keto Pancakes ... hmmm

Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Keto Pancakes ... hmmm - 10/15/19 06:53 PM

so this weekend wasn't our most stellar cooking weekend ... see my post in the Chuck Roast thread ... Sunday, we decide to try these keto pancakes -- made out of almond flour ... one of my daughter's is doing keto with me, the other is not AT ALL ... but the non-keto one LOVES pancakes - and got SO EXCITED to see us making them!! LOL

well ... her excitement flew out the window upon her first bite down on one of 'em ... she yelled, "THESE TASTE LIKE AIR!!" and her face lost all of it's previous excitement frown ... i've found a few other recipes to try; one calls for a touch of maple syrup into the batter ... it adds some grams, but deg'gum -- if it'll restore some of the taste, i guess it'd be worth it ...

while they were cooking, they actually smelled great ... it was weird to SEE pancakes on your plate, and then experience a totally different non-pancake taste altogether!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: James

Re: Keto Pancakes ... hmmm - 10/16/19 01:30 PM

Yeah only 100 percent real pancakes at my house or the camp. I don't eat 'em all the time, but when i do it's gonna be with chocolate or peanut butter morsels & if I'm feeling real dangerous I'll slather the top one with Honey Roasted peanut butter 🤤😀
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Keto Pancakes ... hmmm - 10/17/19 08:29 PM

We use a premade low carb pancake mix. I’ll send the brand when I get home. They aren’t real but the kids eat them and company don’t complain too much.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Keto Pancakes ... hmmm - 10/17/19 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by James
Yeah only 100 percent real pancakes at my house or the camp. I don't eat 'em all the time, but when i do it's gonna be with chocolate or peanut butter morsels & if I'm feeling real dangerous I'll slather the top one with Honey Roasted peanut butter 🤤😀

ROLL. TIDE.
Posted By: BPI

Re: Keto Pancakes ... hmmm - 10/17/19 09:39 PM

Growing up I didn't know you could eat pancakes without peanut butter. That's the only way we did it.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Keto Pancakes ... hmmm - 10/17/19 09:50 PM

Sounds too much like Beto pancakes.
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Keto Pancakes ... hmmm - 10/18/19 06:24 PM

This is the one we have used on occasion:

https://pool.netrition.com/big_train_pancake_mix_page.html
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Keto Pancakes ... hmmm - 10/18/19 11:55 PM

That mix dont even look right brother.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Keto Pancakes ... hmmm - 10/21/19 01:50 AM

I figured out early on that to me none of the fake Keto bread type foods are worth my time and effort. I about puked when I tried fathead pizza dough.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Keto Pancakes ... hmmm - 10/27/19 04:24 PM

[Linked Image]

tried a different recipe - much better this time ... tasted like a muffin 😂

[Linked Image]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM