Aldeer.com

I’m turning in my man card

Posted By: Coosa1

I’m turning in my man card - 09/07/19 01:32 AM

I know this is frowned upon by some of the He-man charcoal purists on here but I brought this baby home today. Camp Chef Smoke Pro DLX. Can’t wait to throw some meat on this thing! Excuse the mess, we’ve been working on building this new porch and the whole back yard looks like a construction site.

Anyone got some good pellet grill recipes?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/07/19 02:07 AM

No man card ripping or even bra burning going on here. You just throw a bunch of steaks or a brisket on that thing and holler at me when it's done. Pellet grills can make some good eating grub.
Posted By: top cat

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/07/19 01:03 PM

Heck yeah
Posted By: Morris

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/07/19 01:05 PM

Nice! No man card violation there at all.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/07/19 07:42 PM

Never thought about trying one, but my brother (who knows everything) likes his and is always bragging on it.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/07/19 10:05 PM

Pfft. Make sure you wear a dress when you cook with it. Do you have to look at your smart phone to know when things are done. rolleyes
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/08/19 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Pfft. Make sure you wear a dress when you cook with it. Do you have to look at your smart phone to know when things are done. rolleyes

Sour grapes.

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/08/19 02:04 AM

Just did some barbecue chicken wings, burgers, and the two measly doves that I shot today on it for the maiden voyage. I think I’m really gonna like this thing.
Posted By: William

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/08/19 02:59 PM

Always wanted one.
Posted By: JDR4Bama

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/09/19 01:16 AM

Should be fun.
Posted By: BPI

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/10/19 02:03 PM

Turn it wide open and grill your burgers and dogs on it and you won't give a crap about a man card anymore.

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/10/19 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by BPI
Turn it wide open and grill your burgers and dogs on it and you won't give a crap about a man card anymore.

Already done it. I love this thing. I grilled up a bunch of onions and bell peppers along with two big skirt steaks and made fajitas for a bunch of friends Sunday afternoon. They were awesome.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/10/19 03:47 PM

I cooked some bacon wrapped filets on dad's traeger the other night. I was skeptical because I sear in cast iron then bake until done. It did an excellent job. Roll it up to about 425 and cook about 6-7 minutes a side, then rest it. Very Impressed.

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/10/19 05:27 PM

Well... Cavemen thought the first people that used charcoal were wusses until they got smart !!! LOL...

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/11/19 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by BPI

Well... Cavemen thought the first people that used charcoal were wusses until they got smart !!! LOL...

Nothing beats a wood fire. Charcoal is just more convenient.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/11/19 01:47 PM

is the flavor "smokey" enough for you? there's no doubting the fact that a pellet grill make things a lot easier/simpler

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/11/19 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by BPI

LOL ! Raw is the way to go. Fire is for wusses !!!

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/11/19 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
is the flavor "smokey" enough for you? there's no doubting the fact that a pellet grill make things a lot easier/simpler

So far I would say absolutely. Everything that I have grilled on it turned out just as flavorful as with my charcoal grill. I'm going to try an actual long smoke on a deer roast this weekend and see how it does.

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/11/19 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by BPI
Originally Posted by BPI

LOL ! Raw is the way to go. Fire is for wusses !!!

I just use the fire to add a little flavor. Inside of the steak will be deep red and cool. 👍

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/11/19 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1

So far I would say absolutely. Everything that I have grilled on it turned out just as flavorful as with my charcoal grill. I'm going to try an actual long smoke on a deer roast this weekend and see how it does.

good deal - post up a review/results write-up if you don't mind ... when i saw the MeatEater guy using one of these, that caught my attention
Posted By: donia

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/11/19 08:54 PM

I'm working on acquiring one, but gotta get rid of the Blackstone griddle first. the house we moved into doesn't have enough back porch for both and I rarely use the griddle.

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/11/19 09:14 PM

If you list it in the classifieds it'll be gone.

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/12/19 10:10 AM

good deal - post up a review/results write-up if you don't mind ... when i saw the MeatEater guy using one of these, that caught my attention

That’s exactly what got me wanting one as well.
Posted By: sj22

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/12/19 04:42 PM

That was my only complaint with mine, not enough smoke flavor for me but can’t beat it for grilling

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/12/19 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by sj22

That was my only complaint with mine, not enough smoke flavor for me but can’t beat it for grilling

what all pellets did you try?
Posted By: sj22

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/12/19 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by sj22

what all pellets did you try?

Don’t remember what brands but I tried a few different ones, I gave the thing to my brother and he never could get a good smoke flavor either
Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: I’m turning in my man card - 09/13/19 01:05 AM

I've been running a gmg pellet smoker for about 8 years now. They're awesome. We do everything from mac and cheese to pizza to oysters on ours. Use it at least once a week. I can trust my wife to start it up and cook on it if I'm not gonna be home. Never have to battle the elements to get my temp where I want it. They make smoke tubes now you can fill with wood chips and put inside your smoker that burn like a big cigar and add alot more smokey flavor to the finished product. Congrats on your purchase. Definitely no need to turn the man card in. I've gotten numerous compliments from people telling me it's some of the best ribs/ chicken they've ever had,and I ain't no pro.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM