Aldeer.com

Salmon Patties

Posted By: ts1979flh

Salmon Patties - 08/08/19 01:57 PM

Last night we made salmon patties and gravy, homemade biscuits, mashed potatoes and purple hull peas with okra. Lort, it was good. Click below to see a pic (a not so good pic).

Salmon patties
Posted By: JDR4Bama

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/08/19 07:47 PM

I had those when I was a kid. Haven't had a salmon patty in a minute. If I recall correctly the meat comes in a can and you need to sift through it to check for bones. Dang that's making me hungry.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/08/19 07:49 PM

Love those things. We always called them salmon croquettes
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/08/19 08:02 PM

oh yes -- love 'em!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: top cat

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/08/19 09:25 PM

Don't do fish cakes eek
Posted By: Stob

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/08/19 10:12 PM

Just need some mashed taters to go with it.
Posted By: bward85

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/08/19 11:38 PM

Dang fine grub right there! I love salmon patties and mater gravy with homemade biscuits.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/09/19 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by bward85
Dang fine grub right there! I love salmon patties and mater gravy with homemade biscuits.

Was just about to post that my favorite meal is my granny’s biscuits, mater gravy, & salmon patties. I can make myself miserable on that.
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/09/19 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by tbest3
Originally Posted by bward85

Was just about to post that my favorite meal is my granny’s biscuits, mater gravy, & salmon patties. I can make myself miserable on that.

I used to love salmon patties. Never had it with tomato gravy though. Sounds interesting
Posted By: JDR4Bama

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/09/19 04:31 AM

We put yellow label syrup on ours.
Posted By: William

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/09/19 01:43 PM

I used to kill these growing up. I crave them from time to time. I wish one of these meat and threes would start serving them.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/09/19 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by William
I used to kill these growing up. I crave them from time to time. I wish one of these meat and threes would start serving them.

Chicken Shack in Luverne has them every week or two as one of their daily specials
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/09/19 01:49 PM

i use this ole Georgia gal's recipe:

Posted By: CAM

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/09/19 02:26 PM

beers thumbup
Posted By: ts1979flh

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/09/19 02:44 PM

There used to be a country store by the house that sold a salmon patty and biscuit at breakfast. You had to eat through the salmon to get to the biscuit, it hung over the edges so far. It wasn't a small biscuit either.
Posted By: jrs89

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/09/19 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by JDR4Bama
We put yellow label syrup on ours.

This! Or pancake syrup.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/10/19 07:08 PM

We have the exact same dinner about every other month. Love it.
Posted By: globe

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/11/19 08:27 PM

My wife makes them about once a month. She buys the cans with the salmon de-boned.
Took a while to get the ratio right, flour to salmon. Too much flour and they taste like fish biscuits......lol.
I could eat it once a week.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/11/19 08:31 PM

Love em. Never had em with gravy. Only a little vinegar splashed on top. May have to try that.

Dr. B
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/17/19 02:16 AM

Suck! Good lord my grandmother use to buy Double Q salmon by the case. I ate enough salmon patties growing up that I don’t care if I never have another. My grandfather would eat them for breakfast.

Heck he loved fish so much we had them 2-3 nights a week and he would eat them cold the next morning for breakfast on a biscuit.

Granted my grandmother could put colonel sanders to shame on fried chicken or fish.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Salmon Patties - 08/25/19 05:30 PM

I can a lot of fish and 'Huntress often uses it to make patties with...I eat them with syrup.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM