Aldeer.com

Champys in Alabaster

Posted By: inatree

Champys in Alabaster - 06/21/19 05:50 PM

I've heard it's good. Just getting the official opinion.
Posted By: specialk

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/21/19 06:20 PM

I’ve never been to the one in Alabaster, but I eat at the one in Muscle Shoals frequently. They’ve got great tamales, wings, chicken livers, and tenders.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/21/19 07:04 PM

One down here in Daphne has some dang good Chicken.
Posted By: Morris

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/21/19 08:13 PM

Yes it is very good

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/21/19 11:10 PM

It was good. Couldn't believe what I heard a father ask hisson that was about 7. He ask what he wanted to eat . The little boy said the 2pc white plate. The father said you know that has bones in it and it's crunchy, now have you had chicken that way? Little boy said yes sir. The father acted surprised. So when the waitress came back the little boy ordered the plate with fried okra and baked beans. What's funny is that the dad ordered the same thing. Lol I guess the Mr Healthy Dad couldn't resist.
Posted By: SouthernRoots

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/22/19 02:19 AM

Champy's in Alabaster is solid... tough to get my wife to go back since they took their sweet potato fries off the menu though. Those things were worth the trip themselves

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/22/19 02:35 AM

Going back and next time get tamales. I had the chicken livers and they were good.
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/22/19 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by SouthernRoots
Champy's in Alabaster is solid... tough to get my wife to go back since they took their sweet potato fries off the menu though. Those things were worth the trip themselves

Was on the menu yesterday when I was there. But on the appetizer menu with Gorgonzola cheese sauce. And they were close to $10. I assume you mean they used to have a side item of sweet tater fries.
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/22/19 01:36 PM

They have a good shrimp poor boy

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/22/19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Darrylcom

Was on the menu yesterday when I was there. But on the appetizer menu with Gorgonzola cheese sauce. And they were close to $10. I assume you mean they used to have a side item of sweet tater fries.

Darryl I totally forgot that you live in Alabaster. Next time I get down there I'll holler at you and see if you can meet for lunch
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/22/19 09:51 PM

We stopped there one day because we heard it was good. I can promise you that my kitchen in my house put out much better food. Fine if you don't want to cook and food that is acceptable is OK that day, but it is not great at all.

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/22/19 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by jawbone
We stopped there one day because we heard it was good. I can promise you that my kitchen in my house put out much better food. Fine if you don't want to cook and food that is acceptable is OK that day, but it is not great at all.

What did you order? I always thought the smoked / fried wings were good.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/23/19 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by jawbone

What did you order? I always thought the smoked / fried wings were good.

Fried chicken and a couple of sides that weren't anything special that would cause me to remember what they were.

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/23/19 12:46 PM

Were they really?? Those are what I was talking about. We went in two weeks ago and didnt see them on the menu.... When we asked the waitress she told us they had been off fo about a month because they weren't selling enough... My pregnant wife promptly got up and walked out.

Maybe we convinced them.......

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/23/19 02:16 PM

Were they really?? Those are what I was talking about. We went in two weeks ago and didnt see them on the menu.... When we asked the waitress she told us they had been off fo about a month because they weren't selling enough... My pregnant wife promptly got up and walked out.

Maybe we convinced them.......

They probably didn’t sell many because it was $10 for some sweet potato waffle fries. I was setting at the bar because I was alone. I may have got an old menu. I’ll try to go by there this week and confirm.

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/23/19 06:59 PM

Well unfortunately you are correct. Brought the family for lunch today and they are gone. I must have got an old menu or imagined them being on there. Either way I’m gonna make some tomorrow. I’ll try to remember and post a pic.

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/24/19 02:39 AM

Appreciate it. They were a little proud of those things but with that Gorgonzola sauce they were the highlight of my days! Let us know how they turn out

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/24/19 03:04 PM

Turned out good. I burned the heavy cream slightly so it’s darker than it would be, but tasted great. I used this recipe:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...rten/gorgonzola-sauce-recipe-1940600.amp

I was gonna do it today but went ahead and did it last night cause I had a craving. Make sure you stir that cream or it will burn, my wife told me but I don’t listen.

[Linked Image]

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/24/19 11:59 PM

Your a heck of a cook Darryl! Looks good
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Champys in Alabaster - 06/25/19 01:08 PM

I know I am in the minority, but I will never eat there again. My wife and I ate there a couple of years ago and both of us got violently ill within 2 hours of leaving. Vomiting and diarrhea.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM