Aldeer.com

Bacon

Posted By: top cat

Bacon - 06/08/19 06:13 PM

Who don't like bacon. Everyone has their favorite brand. I like Wright brand. If I'm cooking more than 2 or 3 pieces I cook it in the oven. I was watching Master Chef try outs the other night and one of the contestants did a burger as his presentation dish. Judges told him if your gonna cook us a burger to get an apron it better be phenomenal. Turns out it was. The one thing that flipped them out was the bacon. He made a lemon pepper bacon. The chef judges had never seen that before.
I have always used black pepper but today I cooked lemon pepper bacon for BLT's and let me tell you, it was great. Completely changed the favor profile. May want to give it a try.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Bacon - 06/08/19 06:33 PM

Gonna have to try that. Sounds good.
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Bacon - 06/08/19 07:28 PM

I like wright also but that cheap great value bacon is tough to beat for the money.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Bacon - 06/08/19 08:08 PM

Wright brand, Wright brand and Wright brand
Posted By: blade

Re: Bacon - 06/08/19 10:58 PM

Wright’s is good. I’ll have to tty the lemon pepper cause I do love a blt.
Posted By: bward85

Re: Bacon - 06/09/19 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Darrylcom
I like wright also but that cheap great value bacon is tough to beat for the money.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Bacon - 06/09/19 02:01 PM

If you want good bacon, try Kiolbassa brand bacon. Wright ain't even close.
Posted By: lances

Re: Bacon - 06/10/19 07:39 PM

Wow
Posted By: BPI

Re: Bacon - 06/10/19 08:12 PM

Benton's Country Hams in Townsend TN has the best bacon on the planet. #2 is a distant second. Swing by on your way to Gatlinburg and you won't be disappointed. They also do hams, You can order online.... 4 packs of bacon for 32 dollars. They ship. It don't need refrigeration because it's CURED. It comes in vacuum sealed packs and contains only 4 ingredients

Salt
Brown Sugar
Black Pepper
Smoke

I will caution you though. If you cook it in your kitchen your whole house will smell like a smoker.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Bacon - 06/10/19 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by BPI
Benton's Country Hams in Townsend TN has the best bacon on the planet. #2 is a distant second. Swing by on your way to Gatlinburg and you won't be disappointed. They also do hams, You can order online.... 4 packs of bacon for 32 dollars. They ship. It don't need refrigeration because it's CURED. It comes in vacuum sealed packs and contains only 4 ingredients

Salt
Brown Sugar
Black Pepper
Smoke

I will caution you though. If you cook it in your kitchen your whole house will smell like a smoker.

Benton’s is on another level.
Posted By: BPI

Re: Bacon - 06/10/19 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Originally Posted by BPI

Salt
Brown Sugar
Black Pepper
Smoke

It will make you throw rocks at Wrights Bacon and Wrights Bacon is pretty good stuff.

Re: Bacon - 06/10/19 10:16 PM

I have had it and it's good but I don't get by there as often as I used to.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Bacon - 06/10/19 10:19 PM

I will be trying the Lemon pepper bacon for BLT's, that sounds great! Thanks TC.. thumbup
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Bacon - 06/10/19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Originally Posted by BPI

Salt
Brown Sugar
Black Pepper
Smoke

Need to try some of that bacon. 👍👍
Posted By: inatree

Re: Bacon - 06/10/19 11:37 PM

Tried the lemon pepper on bacon for BLTs . It was a good change.

Re: Bacon - 06/10/19 11:41 PM

👍🏻
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Bacon - 06/26/19 04:15 PM

I also enjoyed this on a BLT and I liked it. Thanks
Posted By: lances

Re: Bacon - 06/26/19 07:52 PM

Wow
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Bacon - 07/12/19 10:15 PM

You need to try this stuff. They ship it to you,