Aldeer.com

Oyster Rockefeller Soup

Posted By: James

Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 05/26/19 11:36 PM

[Linked Image]

Didn't take many fancy pics, cause i was busy eating, but this was fine as wine. I've made Oyster Stew on many occasions, but this was the first time making it, and it will be my go to from now on.

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 05/26/19 11:38 PM

[Linked Image]

There's a bunch of recipes out there, but i used John Folse's, only thing i done differently was add some parmesan cheese on top of the soup (in the bowl, took that pic before i done that) also nxt time I'm gonna add more spinach, i used 12oz, but gonna add a tad bit more...
Posted By: inatree

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 05/27/19 01:11 AM

Dam I bet that is good!
Posted By: blade

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 05/27/19 01:38 AM

Man that has to be good.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 05/27/19 01:53 AM

That sounds great. Did I miss the parmesan cheese as an ingredient?
Posted By: Ant67

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 05/27/19 03:05 PM

Looks great. Finding oyster liquid might be a problem. How did you handle that?

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 05/27/19 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ant67
Looks great. Finding oyster liquid might be a problem. How did you handle that?

Reserved the liquid that came from the quart with the oysters, i also dumped a pint (oysters plus liquid) to get enough liquid and oysters. Finding the Pernod isn't easy, but my Mother keeps a bottle handy.

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 05/27/19 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

That sounds great. Did I miss the parmesan cheese as an ingredient?

I'm surprised it wasn't in the recipe, because cheese is a main ingredient (topping)
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 05/27/19 07:12 PM

Used to be a restaurant in Crestline Village named Mauby's and they made oyster artichoke soup; man it was good. One of the bests soups, EVER. White pepper is one of the tricks; I cook with it a lot.
Yours looks good; as well.

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 05/27/19 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by wew3006
Used to be a restaurant in Crestline Village named Mauby's and they made oyster artichoke soup; man it was good. One of the bests soups, EVER. White pepper is one of the tricks; I cook with it a lot.
Yours looks good; as well.

Yeah it turned out really good, but I'm gonna add my own spin to it nxt time, and all i use now is the white pepper Slap Ya Mama
Posted By: William

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 06/04/19 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by wew3006
Used to be a restaurant in Crestline Village named Mauby's and they made oyster artichoke soup; man it was good.

This was my mother-in-law's favorite place. Her and her husband went there every Friday.
Posted By: lances

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 06/10/19 07:40 PM

Amazing!!!
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 06/17/19 02:01 AM

Sounds great!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 06/17/19 02:08 AM

For us guys who live too far from the Gulf to get oyster juice, would clam juice work? I think that can be purchased at the grocery store.

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 06/17/19 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
For us guys who live too far from the Gulf to get oyster juice, would clam juice work? I think that can be purchased at the grocery store.

I dunno Fur, several years ago i made a oyster soup, and the then GF had some oysters in a can and she proceeded to dumped it in my soup, and it ruined the whole damn thing!

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 06/17/19 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

Can you purchase fresh oysters by the quart? Cause that's the liquid i used, i had a Quart & also a pint of Oysters
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Oyster Rockefeller Soup - 06/17/19 11:49 AM

I'm pretty sure we can get fresh oysters at a fish place in Guntersville. Canned oysters are absolutely disgusting. Smoked oysters in a can are even worse than that.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM