Aldeer.com

Any good keto diet recipes

Posted By: inatree

Any good keto diet recipes - 04/14/19 06:49 PM

I know a lot of us are dieting. Any good recipes you want to share.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/14/19 08:12 PM

I hope somebody does.

Right now I'm doing flank steak, onion, pepper and a little red cabbage sauteed until tender, then put atop a portabella mushroom cap, covered with cheese and olive oil, and baked at 350 for about 20 minutes. Cheese on the last 10 minutes. It may not be worth a flip but it smells good. Will update with results. Was going to use hamburger to get more fat in the meal but we didn't have any here.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/14/19 08:34 PM

Whoa that was good. I seasoned it with Worcesterchire sauce, salt and pepper. Not an Irishguy pic, but a pic none the less.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/14/19 08:49 PM

search Pinterest. There are more recipes there than you could ever try.

One of my favorites is to cook shredded cheese in a nonstick pan until it’s brown and then put it out to cool and use it as a taco shell.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/14/19 09:34 PM

What do y’all do for an on the go lunch? Something I could just throw in a lunch cooler. Something like turkey & cheese roll ups, few almonds, maybe a celery stick & almond butter?

Fur that looks pretty good.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/14/19 09:41 PM

I definitely want to try the burnt cheese stuff.

For lunch some days I've been eating about 10 pieces of real thin turkey lunch meat, with lots of cheddar cheese, and an avocado.

I had heard that Pintrest had lots of keto recipes. I'll check that out.

One that I've heard of that comes highly recommended is egg roll in a bowl.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/14/19 09:46 PM

The other day I was reading somewhere about thin sliced turkey and ham rollups. Similar to a burrito but use the thin meat as the tortilla.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/14/19 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by tbest3

What do y’all do for an on the go lunch? Something I could just throw in a lunch cooler. Something like turkey & cheese roll ups, few almonds, maybe a celery stick & almond butter?

Fur that looks pretty good.

Salads are easy. Lettuce with grilled chicken, cheese, bell peppers, onions, and ranch dressing.

Turkey and cheese roll ups work good too. You can have pickles with them, broccoli and celery with ranch, the list goes on and on.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/15/19 01:00 AM

Doing "Crack Slaw" tonight will update. In the morning I've been eating cottage cheese and fruit. Started meal prepping my lunch for the week " 1 blackened chicken thigh and green peas.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/15/19 01:43 AM

I think I’m going to have a hard time getting enough fat in.
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/15/19 02:15 AM

Pm me my wife has a keto Pinterest board, but then so does a thousand other people. Most of the recipes she has posted we have ate though.
Posted By: lances

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/15/19 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
The other day I was reading somewhere about thin sliced turkey and ham rollups. Similar to a burrito but use the thin meat as the tortilla.

I do that a lot. I put a dill pickle in the middle and add a little bit of mustard. It’s better with piece of cheese but been trying to cut back on cheese😩😩

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/15/19 11:43 AM

Crack Slaw turned out great. I wasn't sure at first but I will do it again.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/15/19 12:59 PM

What is crack slaw?
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/15/19 02:40 PM

Eat one salad with a bunch of olive oil, macadamia nuts, olives and a whole avocado sliced up on it. Dairy is another good way to get fat. Some folks have to watch the dairy though, it can mess with your global serum lipids.

I think the main part of eating clean is easy, that is to say, a piece of protein and some roasted vegetables or salad. I have problems with finding ideas for "side dishes." Riced cauliflower is a standby and makes good substrate for the rest of meal. Mix in a bunch of grated parmesan and its like cheesy potato/grits, kinda.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/15/19 03:22 PM

Crack Slaw
1# ground beef or meat of choice
2 bags slaw mix
1 onion diced
1 hot pepper diced
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp garlic
I can beef broth

Cook onion, pepper, garlic and ginger for about 5 min.
Add ground beef brown till done
Add slaw mix and beef broth cook on medium for about 15 minutes stirring.
Serve with Sriracha mayo

Kinda a egg roll in a bowl
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/17/19 02:52 PM

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

> top pic - left - is a pretty regular deal - 1 fillet of frozen tilapia, lightly coated w/olive oil, Parm cheese, & seasoned with T.Chach's, and a dob of salted butter on top - asparagus & celery, bake on 450 for 18 mins & it's nice & crunchy!

> top pic - right - my typical lunch - a mix of a lil bit of everything

> bottom pic - left - smoked ribs, seasoned w/Butt Rub (dry) - no sauce - and then I whip up a stir fry w/cabbage, asparagus, broc, spinach, etc. in left-over bacon grease & seasoned w/Tandoori seasoning - topped w/sunflower seeds

> bottom pic - right - self explanatory ... bacon, eggs, coffee, & sharp cheddar cheese - a typical keto b/fast for me

results: I've lost over 7 lbs in 2 weeks so far; weight loss isn't my primary goal, but it's a nice add'er ... my energy, alertness, mental sharpness/focus are through the ROOF!! i don't get the dreaded freakin' "sleepy head" BS after meals anymore, AND i can usually run 5-7 hrs between meals ... MOST NIGHTS - i just chunk up cucumber, get those lil baby tomatoes, pour in some blue cheese, and "snack" on that an hour or two before bed ... i absolutely LOVE not being starving to death all the damn time anymore ....
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/17/19 04:41 PM

I wouldn't worry about the fat. For me, my weight loss ramped up when I cut back on the fat. I figured that as much of it as I'm carrying, I didn't need to eat a lot of it
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/17/19 08:46 PM

I had conecuh and cabbage last night. I love it.

Dice up a large onion and 1# conecuh, season it with salt pepper and tonys. Cook in medium bowl until sausage is done. Add 1/2 head of chopped cabbage and a large can of rotel (can also just use petite diced tomatoes for less spicy). Simmer for about 20 minutes until cabbage is tender.

I bring leftovers to work and microwave.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/18/19 12:58 AM

Boil a head of cauliflower til soft. Put in blender with heavy cream, a little cream cheese, Parmesan and garlic. Blend until smooth. Sauté onion, conecuh, and shrimp seasoned with tony’s, then serve over cauliflower. Tastes an awful lot like shrimp and grits.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/18/19 02:36 AM

^^^ going to have to give this a try. Did something similar with riced cauliflower
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/18/19 02:02 PM

How long did it take you guys to get used to eating keto and staying dedicated to it? I'm thinking of starting it. Also how the heck do you go without beer? rofl

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/18/19 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1
How long did it take you guys to get used to eating keto and staying dedicated to it? I'm thinking of starting it. Also how the heck do you go without beer? rofl

you don't have to do w/out beer - just have to tone it back to something like Bud Select 55 or Mich Ultra that has less carbs, and not down more than about 2 of 'em ... Start experimenting around with alcohols ...

it took me 2 weeks to get "used to" keto ... now i'm on cruise control ...

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/18/19 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude

you don't have to do w/out beer - just have to tone it back to something like Bud Select 55 or Mich Ultra that has less carbs, and not down more than about 2 of 'em ... Start experimenting around with alcohols ...

I'd probably just have to cut it out completely because I like dark beer so Mich Ultra tastes like water to me. Might could get by with a good glass of wine now and then. I think the hardest part of it would be to get my wife on board because she is an absolute carb addict.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/18/19 02:11 PM

I'd probably just have to cut it out completely because I like dark beer so Mich Ultra tastes like water to me. Might could get by with a good glass of wine now and then. I think the hardest part of it would be to get my wife on board because she is an absolute carb addict.

it helps if your house is not divided - for sure

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/18/19 04:34 PM

Wine has a ton of carbs.

Whiskey, tequila, and rum don’t.....

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/18/19 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer

Whiskey, tequila, and rum don’t.....

Straight whiskey it is then wink
Posted By: Wally2833

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/18/19 09:36 PM

I don't know what's the big deal with carbs in beer. Bud Light had 6.6g's of carbs per beer. I could drink 10 of them and that's about 70 carbs.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/19/19 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wally2833
I don't know what's the big deal with carbs in beer. Bud Light had 6.6g's of carbs per beer. I could drink 10 of them and that's about 70 carbs.

That's 40 too many for Keto or at least what I'm trying to do with Keto. Because sugar is in almost every conceivable processed food, it's very, very hard to eat anything with any carbs other than fiber (that doesn't count) and stay at 30 or below. I bought some Pimento Cheese at the Foodland Deli last night thinking it would be great on the Keto diet. I got home took one bite and knew it had sugar added. I then read all the ingredients and it had corn syrup added. Why in the crap you'd put sugar/corn syrup in pimento cheese is beyond me, but it was dang sure in it. I told my wife and kids they could eat it but I wasn't.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/19/19 01:52 AM

results: I've lost over 7 lbs in 2 weeks so far; weight loss isn't my primary goal, but it's a nice add'er ... my energy, alertness, mental sharpness/focus are through the ROOF!! i don't get the dreaded freakin' "sleepy head" BS after meals anymore, AND i can usually run 5-7 hrs between meals ... MOST NIGHTS - i just chunk up cucumber, get those lil baby tomatoes, pour in some blue cheese, and "snack" on that an hour or two before bed ... i absolutely LOVE not being starving to death all the damn time anymore ....

You and me BOTH! I'm 47 years old and I honest to goodness don't remember ever feeling this good. I'm serious, I don't know if I've felt this good since I was a teenager. Every day this week I've either worked from 7am til dark or worked from 7 am til 4:30 then fished til well after dark. I was at the shop til mid morning today, then hauled chicken litter and spread it til after dark, just came in and took a shower and I'm still ready to go. A month ago I would have already been in bed watching TV and would have been dog tired since mid day. I would have been hurting in half my joints, I wouldn't have had any energy at all. I haven't felt good in so long I didn't think I'd ever feel good again.

I lost 13 pounds in my first 12 days eating this way. I bought a blood tester to check ketone levels and my "fasting" blood sugar as of this morning was 80. At my last doctors appointment it was 120 and I was labelled "pre-diabetic." My blood sugar level is now not going over 100 AFTER eating. The day I got the tester, which was about a week ago, my pre meal blood sugar level was running in the upper 90's. That's after a month of typical healthy eating. Low fat meats, lots of vegetables, fruit, healthy carbs, etc... My ketone blood level Monday was 2.3, that's up from 1.3 early last week. Weird thing is, I haven't lost a pound this week. But here's the kicker, I don't care. I'd keep eating this way if I never lose another pound just because of the way I feel.

I rarely get hungry and I'm only eating 2 meals a day. Right now I'm eating 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, and then lunch. I eat nothing after around 1-2 pm. I think intermittent fasting is helping me as much or more than the keto diet itself.

Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/19/19 11:57 AM

Fur, you've hit optimal ketosis at 2.3 mmol. That's fantastic.

Regarding wine, there's a few low carb options (not no carb)

Fit Vine. Someone told me they found the chardonnay at piggly wiggly. 2.5 g carbs per glass is pretty dang low. I have not tried it yet, but heard it is a decent wine.

Other one I know of is tricky. www.dryfarmwines.com have to have it shipped and Alabama is one of 4 states left where you can't ship wine in, so have to have it shipped out of state and pick it up. These are quality wines, you are gonna pay though.

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/23/19 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

You and me BOTH! I'm 47 years old and I honest to goodness don't remember ever feeling this good. I'm serious, I don't know if I've felt this good since I was a teenager. Every day this week I've either worked from 7am til dark or worked from 7 am til 4:30 then fished til well after dark. I was at the shop til mid morning today, then hauled chicken litter and spread it til after dark, just came in and took a shower and I'm still ready to go. A month ago I would have already been in bed watching TV and would have been dog tired since mid day. I would have been hurting in half my joints, I wouldn't have had any energy at all. I haven't felt good in so long I didn't think I'd ever feel good again.

I lost 13 pounds in my first 12 days eating this way. I bought a blood tester to check ketone levels and my "fasting" blood sugar as of this morning was 80. At my last doctors appointment it was 120 and I was labelled "pre-diabetic." My blood sugar level is now not going over 100 AFTER eating. The day I got the tester, which was about a week ago, my pre meal blood sugar level was running in the upper 90's. That's after a month of typical healthy eating. Low fat meats, lots of vegetables, fruit, healthy carbs, etc... My ketone blood level Monday was 2.3, that's up from 1.3 early last week. Weird thing is, I haven't lost a pound this week. But here's the kicker, I don't care. I'd keep eating this way if I never lose another pound just because of the way I feel.

I rarely get hungry and I'm only eating 2 meals a day. Right now I'm eating 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, and then lunch. I eat nothing after around 1-2 pm. I think intermittent fasting is helping me as much or more than the keto diet itself.

AWESOME MAN!!!! yes sir ... i turned 50 y.o. in February & i honestly have never felt better in my whole adult life (not counting my 20's) ...
Posted By: bama1157

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/23/19 03:04 PM

Keto Snack.. Dill pickle spears, thin sliced ham, and cream cheese, spread the cream cheese on the ham slices then roll it around the dill pickles, then cut into 1-2" chunks, they are great!!

keto desert.. 1 package sugar free chocolate pudding mix, 2 cups of heavy cream, put the pudding mix in a bowl then pour in the cream, mix with electric hand mixer until it makes whipped cream, it tastes like chocolate ice cream, I eat this for desert a lot.... it does not take a lot of it to satisfy my sweet tooth..

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/23/19 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by bama1157
Keto Snack.. Dill pickle spears, thin sliced ham, and cream cheese, spread the cream cheese on the ham slices then roll it around the dill pickles, then cut into 1-2" chunks, they are great!!

keto desert.. 1 package sugar free chocolate pudding mix, 2 cups of heavy cream, put the pudding mix in a bowl then pour in the cream, mix with electric hand mixer until it makes whipped cream, it tastes like chocolate ice cream, I eat this for desert a lot.... it does not take a lot of it to satisfy my sweet tooth..

dayum -- both of these sound awesome ... thx for sharing! regarding my sweet tooth - i agree - what i've been doing is buying BIG bags of frozen strawberries & putting 4-5 strawberries in a small bowl in the microwave for like 20-25 seconds (defrost setting) and they're partially frozen & IN MY BRAIN .... it feels like i'm eating frozen strawberry ice cream???!!! i also do that with raspberries & blackberries ...

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/23/19 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by bama1157

dayum -- both of these sound awesome ... thx for sharing! regarding my sweet tooth - i agree - what i've been doing is buying BIG bags of frozen strawberries & putting 4-5 strawberries in a small bowl in the microwave for like 20-25 seconds (defrost setting) and they're partially frozen & IN MY BRAIN .... it feels like i'm eating frozen strawberry ice cream???!!! i also do that with raspberries & blackberries ...

The carbsmart ice cream by breyers is super good. It has like net 6g per serving. That and some whipped cream, whew!

Re: Any good keto diet recipes - 04/24/19 01:42 PM

last night's keto meal: fresh Atlantic salmon fillet, covered in olive oil, seasoning & Parm cheese, cut up celery, broc, and asparagus ... i ate about 1/4 of the fish & all of the veggies ... snacked on a few pistachio's & sipped on 1 Mich Ultra while the meal was cooking ... dessert w/half-frozen strawberries ...

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM