Aldeer.com

Instant Pot - turkey legs?

Posted By: 3toe

Instant Pot - turkey legs? - 03/27/19 10:07 PM

Anybody ever tried to cook wild turkey legs in an Instant Pot? In my mind it sounds like it would be good and make the meat tender to take off the bone and make salad, dumplings, etc.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Instant Pot - turkey legs? - 04/03/19 02:09 AM

I have two legs in the freezer i was gonn try this with

Re: Instant Pot - turkey legs? - 04/04/19 01:49 AM

Well, it took me a few days but I finally cooked the legs using the instant pot. Wow, they came out fall off the bone. The thighs and legs just fell apart. All those tendons in the drumsticks were easily removed so all you had was a pile of meat. I forgot to take pics but this will be the only way I cook turkey legs from now on. I highly recommend cooking them this way.
Posted By: James

Re: Instant Pot - turkey legs? - 04/04/19 03:06 AM

Nice! Stick you're recipe/instructions in the pot thread at the very top!
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Instant Pot - turkey legs? - 04/04/19 12:13 PM

I brined mine for 2 days, put in a crock pot with cream of mushroom soup, diluted with chicken stock and cooked for 14 hours. Man was that some fine eating. I'll throw the breast away before I'll throw the thighs and drumsticks away again.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Instant Pot - turkey legs? - 04/06/19 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by 3toe
Well, it took me a few days but I finally cooked the legs using the instant pot. Wow, they came out fall off the bone. The thighs and legs just fell apart. All those tendons in the drumsticks were easily removed so all you had was a pile of meat. I forgot to take pics but this will be the only way I cook turkey legs from now on. I highly recommend cooking them this way.

How long you cook em?

Re: Instant Pot - turkey legs? - 04/11/19 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by sj22

How long you cook em?

90 min. Here is the recipe I followed.

https://drczys.com/legsandthighs/
Posted By: lances

Re: Instant Pot - turkey legs? - 04/13/19 04:04 PM

Sounds good I never keep the legs
Posted By: James

Re: Instant Pot - turkey legs? - 04/13/19 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by sj22

How long you cook em?

90 min. Here is the recipe I followed.

https://drczys.com/legsandthighs/

Cool. I moved it to the Sticky up top 😀
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Instant Pot - turkey legs? - 04/13/19 09:45 PM

Fellers I tried some turkey leg salad the other day and made me almost shoot one today....almost.... smile some fine eating .... thumbup
© 2024 ALDEER.COM