Aldeer.com

B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation

Posted By: wew3006

B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/24/19 01:52 AM

Went to El Zun-Zun in Cahaba Heights for lunch today; some of the best Mexican food I have ever had. Run by Satterfield's owner; so a major step up in quality of fresh ingredients. Even the salsa's, and they have several to choose from; were special. Chips and soft tacos are blue corn. REALLY good; can't wait to go back. Check it out.

https://www.el-zunzun.com

Posted By: Irishguy

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/24/19 02:25 AM

We'll have to check it out.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/24/19 03:31 AM

El taco loco is the best Mexican restaurant I’ve had to this day. It’s off of Valley Ave near green springs. I knew it was authentic when I walked in and most of the tables were Hispanic guys drinking Coronas after work.
Posted By: doekiller

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/24/19 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
El taco loco is the best Mexican restaurant I’ve had to this day. It’s off of Valley Ave near green springs. I knew it was authentic when I walked in and most of the tables were Hispanic guys drinking Coronas after work.

I’ve never seen a Mexican drink Coronas. I thought it was just for the stupid gringos who don’t know what beer is suppose to taste like.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/24/19 01:12 PM

Not to split hairs, but their website says, Latin American, cuisine.
Is there a big difference in L.A. and Mexican food?
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/24/19 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by doekiller

I’ve never seen a Mexican drink Coronas. I thought it was just for the stupid gringos who don’t know what beer is suppose to taste like.

I thought most Mexicans drank Bud Light.

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/24/19 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

Not to split hairs, but their website says, Latin American, cuisine.
Is there a big difference in L.A. and Mexican food?

It's not your "typical " Mexican stuff; more interesting and higher quality. But, they have tacos(best I have ever had) enchiladas, etc.
Quite the tequila list also
Posted By: bama1971

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/24/19 02:21 PM

Mexicans I know drink Tecate
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/24/19 02:39 PM

They were split 50/50 between modelo’s and Coronas.
Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/25/19 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Irishguy

THEY WILL DRINK EITHER JUAN. MOST OF THEM DRINK WHAT IS READILY AVAILABLE.

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/25/19 01:59 PM

El Barrio is the best Mexican I’ve eaten in Birmingham. The next best is from some of the Mexican owner taco trucks.

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/25/19 02:20 PM

El Barrio is the best Mexican I’ve eaten in Birmingham. The next best is from some of the Mexican owner taco trucks.

DK,
I like El Barrio as well; this one is as good, IMO. I thought their tacos were better. Only one sample so far; but will go back again this week.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/25/19 08:13 PM

The taco truck on 1st ave n and 14th street is the best I've ever had. Tacos al Pastor are my favorite with sliced avocado.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/25/19 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Irishguy

best selling beer in mexico=bud light best selling mexican beer in US= Corona I've never seen a mexican drink Corona it's like the Mexican equivalent of Southpaw Australian for beer.

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/26/19 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

The taco truck on 1st ave n and 14th street is the best I've ever had. Tacos al Pastor are my favorite with sliced avocado.

I’ve eaten every type taco he sells. That is some good eating.
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/27/19 06:12 PM

I always enjoyed going to Mi Pueblo off Green Springs. Big supermarket with a buffet and a cook to order place in the back corner. Really good tamales and the buffet was always really good. Not sure what all the stuff was that was on it, but it tasted good.
Posted By: William

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/28/19 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by wew3006
Went to El Zun-Zun in Cahaba Heights for lunch today; some of the best Mexican food I have ever had.

I'll meet you at Los Rancheros on Rocky Ridge Rd and we can fight afterwards if you like. laugh

We also live close to El Zun Zun. The food there is good, but not the traditional Mexican stuff. So, if the wife wants to pound beers and get a burrito, we go to Los Rancheros (they have the best quesadilla in Bham). But, if she wants a killer margarita, queso, and guacamole, we go to El Zun Zun. I'm a big tequila fan. Get a Clase Azul Reposado on the ice next time you're in there. Best tequila I've ever had.......
Posted By: Dallas County

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 02/28/19 02:52 PM

LEON (no joke) in Liberty Park is pretty good too.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 03/01/19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dallas County
LEON (no joke) in Liberty Park is pretty good too.

Recently they received a very low health rating.
Posted By: Morris

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 03/01/19 02:20 PM

Is you like to eat crush n run go to 2 Pesos in Pelham. They mix it in the rice obviously. Yes it’s true. Will never go back
Posted By: fillmore

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 03/01/19 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

Was coming here to post the same thing. Tacos Dos Hermanos is by far the best in the city. Used to eat there weekly when I worked downtown
Posted By: William

Re: B'ham Mexican Food Recommendation - 03/02/19 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by willdo22

Recently they received a very low health rating.

They turned it around on the most recent one. I could walk there if I wanted to. My neighbors were devastated with the low rating. lol
© 2024 ALDEER.COM