Aldeer.com

Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers!

Posted By: Irishguy

Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers! - 02/22/19 11:09 AM

My dad was coming over last night and I realized we hadn't had burgers in a while, but of course it was raining, so into the cast iron skillet they go.

These were just:

Ground Chuck 80/20 placed into the skillet and smashed down with a spatula and the seasoned on top with:

Salt
Pepper
Red pepper flakes
Garlic powder

We served them with them skinny shoestring fries and the usual fixings on Brioche buns...

[Linked Image]

I asked Dad if he wanted cheese on his, he said, "I asked for a hamburger. If I wanted a cheeseburger I would have asked for one." He's gettin' too old to whip his ass so I let it go. grin The old butt hole enjoyed the food and the company like he always does and we sent him tottering home with a jar of homemade White Bean Chicken Chili and some thin crispy cornbread just the way he likes it...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Morris

Re: Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers! - 02/22/19 12:25 PM

Looks good
Posted By: Out back

Re: Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers! - 02/22/19 12:52 PM

So, on any usual day you build the world's most elaborate omelets, and some of the most laborious culinary creations anyone can dream up..... But when dad visits you toss a burger in a pan????
I bet dad feels special. 😆
Posted By: snakebit

Re: Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers! - 02/22/19 12:52 PM

A smash burger on some hot iron is my favorite way to have a burger.
I can't tell if those are small burgers or a big ole pan.
Either way, they look good.
Posted By: lances

Re: Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers! - 02/22/19 01:13 PM

They look delicious

Re: Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers! - 02/22/19 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
So, on any usual day you build the world's most elaborate omelets, and some of the most laborious culinary creations anyone can dream up..... But when dad visits you toss a burger in a pan????
I bet dad feels special. 😆

When I told Dad we were having hamburgers, he was actually pretty stoked about it. smile

He comes over at least twice a week to eat with us and then we send him home with food. Plus we package up food that we have cooked and take it up to Mrs. Irish's Mom in Gadsden. Usually about a weeks worth at a time. They both live alone and we do our best to make sure they are eating good healthy food. They're both 85.

Mrs. Irish and I are the "favored children"... After being less than favorable teenagers. grin

Re: Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers! - 02/22/19 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by snakebit
I can't tell if those are small burgers or a big ole pan.
Either way, they look good.

That's this giant cast iron skillet that I married into. All those burgers are about 1/3 pound and the buns are maybe slightly larger then a normal bun.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers! - 02/22/19 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by snakebit

X2
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers! - 02/22/19 03:45 PM

Only thing better is a double with bacon and sriracha mayo!
Posted By: straycat

Re: Hey Straycat! Cast Iron Smash Burgers! - 03/16/19 03:32 AM

Straycat Approved!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM