Aldeer.com

nanner puddin

Posted By: GKelly

nanner puddin - 02/19/19 02:29 AM

got in the mood for some old fashioned nanner pudding tonight after my wife made fried chicken, mashed taters and gravy with butter beans and cornbread. 2.5 cups of milk, 2 eggs, .5 cups sugar, 2tbsp cornstarch, .25 tsp salt, 1tsp vanilla, 1tbsp butter, some nanners and vanilla wafers. put everything in a double boiler except the nanners and wafers simmer about 15-20 minutes stirring the whole time. the topping is 5 eggwhites, pinch of cream of tarter, pinch salt, .25tsp vinegar, 10tsp sugar beat until it's like cool whip top the pudding and bake on 350 for about 15 minutes.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 03:13 AM

Oh my goodness gracious alive, that looks incredible- which way do you like it best, warm or cold?

Personally - I like it cold.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 03:21 AM

both I cant help but eat some fresh out the oven then after that it's cold I never heat it back up
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 04:28 AM

SONOFA!!! I pride myself on being a strong willed man. Banana pudding is my weakness. I'd jump in that bowl head first.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 09:47 AM

Man... That stuff served warm is probably the best Southern comfort food dessert you can eat. Good to see you made it the right way.

Do you ever go to those places that take some banana flavored jello pudding, throw in some sliced bananas and vanilla wafers and them put some cool whip on top and call it "Banana pudding?" Yeah... I want to whip their ass.
Posted By: Stob

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 12:26 PM

I just gained 3 lbs. looking .
Posted By: Mully

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 01:54 PM

That looks delicious and sounds just like the kind my grandmother used to make!
Posted By: Runningdeer

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mully
That looks delicious and sounds just like the kind my grandmother used to make!
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Irishguy
Man... That stuff served warm is probably the best Southern comfort food dessert you can eat. Good to see you made it the right way.

Do you ever go to those places that take some banana flavored jello pudding, throw in some sliced bananas and vanilla wafers and them put some cool whip on top and call it "Banana pudding?" Yeah... I want to whip their ass.

Me too!
Posted By: James

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by trlrdrdave
Originally Posted by Irishguy

Me too!

I don't mind, I've never met a nanner pudding i didn't like 😆 All though i will pass on nanner pudding for my grandma's Orange pudding
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 05:07 PM

That looks great. My grandmother made one very similar but with pineapple (crushed and tidbits) that was outstanding.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: nanner puddin - 02/19/19 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by sumpter_al
That looks great. My grandmother made one very similar but with pineapple (crushed and tidbits) that was outstanding.

yes it is..
Posted By: inatree

Re: nanner puddin - 02/20/19 03:43 AM

Something in that stuff puts me to sleep every time I eat it! LOL
Posted By: tbest3

Re: nanner puddin - 02/20/19 03:48 AM

A big helping of that would be good right now.
Posted By: Morris

Re: nanner puddin - 02/21/19 07:38 AM

Bring that on by the house GKelly
Posted By: lances

Re: nanner puddin - 02/22/19 02:13 AM

Hmmmmmmm
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: nanner puddin - 02/22/19 03:14 AM

Looks amazing. I have 2 carbs left for today, I don’t
Think I can squeeze it in. I’ll do it tomorrow.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM