Aldeer.com

creole / cajun seasoning

Posted By: !shiloh!

creole / cajun seasoning - 02/19/19 12:57 AM

[Linked Image]

I found this stuff at the the local section in publix the other day. Good stuff. Pretty spicy not too salty. says it was manufactured in vestavia. What do yall like ? If you have a good recipe please share.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/19/19 01:13 AM

I just use Tony C’s if I want premade creole seasoning. Most of the time I just add the ingredients separate based on what I’m cooking in different amounts. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, Italian seasoning.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/19/19 01:24 AM

I know it sounds snobbish, but like my BBQ rub, steak seasoning, chicken seasoning, salad dressings, etc... We just make our own. Most of that stuff has some weird stuff in it or it has too much sodium. There are literally hundreds of recipes online for all those types of seasoning blends and most contain stuff we already have in our spice cabinet. Plus once you mix some up you can play around and change them up to suit your own personal tastes.
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/19/19 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Irishguy
I know it sounds snobbish, but like my BBQ rub, steak seasoning, chicken seasoning, salad dressings, etc... We just make our own. Most of that stuff has some weird stuff in it or it has too much sodium. There are literally hundreds of recipes online for all those types of seasoning blends and most contain stuff we already have in our spice cabinet. Plus once you mix some up you can play around and change them up to suit your own personal tastes.

Post up what you use for steak and chicken if you don’t mind. I’ll try it out and let you know what I think.
Posted By: Morris

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/21/19 07:40 AM

I saw that myself in Publix the other week. I may grab some next time I’m going in there.
Posted By: lances

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/22/19 02:24 PM

I agree most of the stuff is mostly salt. I prefer less salt
Posted By: James

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/22/19 08:21 PM

That's not Cajun seasoning, that's Creole seasoning, there's a difference in the people, food, and seasonings 😀 But was it any good?
Posted By: fillmore

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/22/19 09:23 PM

Slap Ya Mama > Tony’s
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/22/19 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by fillmore
Slap Ya Mama > Tony’s

Yep, especially the white pepper blend.
Posted By: donia

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/22/19 11:48 PM

Nunu’s Cajun seasoning (Louisiana) is really good. If you ever get over to one of their stores be sure to grab some sweet n sour chicken sausages!!
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/23/19 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
[Linked Image]

I found this stuff at the the local section in publix the other day. Good stuff. Pretty spicy not too salty. says it was manufactured in vestavia. What do yall like ? If you have a good recipe please share.

Ms Helen does not look like a Vestavia native. Jus sayin...
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/24/19 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by James
That's not Cajun seasoning, that's Creole seasoning, there's a difference in the people, food, and seasonings 😀 But was it any good?

yeah, call a Cajun a Creole and see what happens.....
Posted By: wew3006

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/24/19 03:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hEVkhKLLGk

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/24/19 10:04 PM

[Linked Image]

Im smoking some chicken thighs today so I'm trying some of this creole mustard on a few of them. I don't like mustard on pork but I believe this will be good.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/24/19 11:11 PM

[Linked Image]

. I don't like mustard on pork.

Good thing you ain’t cooking pork lol
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/24/19 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
Originally Posted by James

yeah, call a Cajun a Creole and see what happens.....

That's right. Creoles are a whole different group of people. Most are from the southeast part of the state. They are hard to understand when they speak.

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/25/19 12:19 AM

Well the mustard creole was ok. Not for me but luckily I put some old bay on about 5 quarter's and they where really good.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/25/19 12:36 AM

i didnt know it but conecuh makes a seasoning. havent tried it yet but it smells mighty fine
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/26/19 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Beadlescomb
i didnt know it but conecuh makes a seasoning. havent tried it yet but it smells mighty fine

conecuh also has bacon. Good stuff!
Posted By: BC

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/26/19 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by odocoileus
Slap Ya Mama > Tony’s

The white pepper blend is the chit. Tony's is a salt block.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/26/19 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by BC
Originally Posted by odocoileus
Slap Ya Mama > Tony’s

The white pepper blend is the chit. Tony's is a salt block.

If I don't mix it myself this is all we use. It's one of the better blends
Posted By: MattIce

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/28/19 01:41 AM

[Linked Image]

Im smoking some chicken thighs today so I'm trying some of this creole mustard on a few of them. I don't like mustard on pork but I believe this will be good.

Put it on before you put your rub on

Re: creole / cajun seasoning - 02/28/19 02:22 AM

I normally do but what I did was after they where falling apart I pulled the skin off of them and seasoned them then cooked for another couple minutes. I let them cool then pulled all the meat of the bone and mixed it up. Kid friendly smoked chicken.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM