Aldeer.com

Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole...

Posted By: Irishguy

Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole... - 02/16/19 01:11 PM

Irish Jr. came over last night to hang out the the parental units and wash a few khaki pants and oxford shirts. He was hankerin' for some comfort food with chicken in it. Fortunately Mrs. Irish had stopped by Sam's Club to fill up with gas and picked up a rotisserie chicken. I scrounged around the fridge and found some previously cooked wild rice, some fresh broccoli, about half a block of cream cheese, and some cheddar cheese Mrs. Irish had shredded. The only missing link was a can of cream of chicken soup and I found that in the pantry.

Preheat oven to 350.

Oil the casserole dish and add:

Chopped cooked chicken
Cooked rice
Broccoli florets (cut kind of small so they will cook, but still have some texture)

On the stove top combine in a sauce pot:

Half a block of cream cheese
Can of cream of chicken
Can and a half of milk

Simmer that just until it's fully combined and warm.

Pour all that over all the other stuff in the casserole dish and mix it all together

Top with shredded cheddar and then top that with buttered bread crumbs or in this case those little toasted onions.

Cover with aluminum foil and pop into the oven for about 20 minutes. Pull out and take off the aluminum foil and put back in the oven for about 15 more minutes.

Mrs. Irish served it with a spinach salad with: Blue berries, purple onion, crazins, toasted almond slices, crumbled feta cheese and a homemade balsamic dressing...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole... - 02/16/19 01:35 PM

Looks good, but only weirdos buy milk in cans rofl
Posted By: lances

Re: Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole... - 02/16/19 01:48 PM

Looks delicious also. Can’t go wrong with comfort food. Unless you eat too much like I usually do lol
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole... - 02/16/19 04:26 PM

Good grief. Even y’all’s scrounging off-the-cuff meals look 5 Star. That looks delicious.

Re: Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole... - 02/16/19 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Looks good, but only weirdos buy milk in cans rofl

No you idjit. grin I fill up the soup can 1 1/2 times with the milk.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole... - 02/17/19 01:23 AM

That casserole is one of my favorites that my mom used to make ( we didn't have rotisserie chicken back then) brought back memories so we did one tonight. Thanks for jarring my memories.

Re: Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole... - 02/17/19 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by inatree
That casserole is one of my favorites that my mom used to make ( we didn't have rotisserie chicken back then) brought back memories so we did one tonight. Thanks for jarring my memories.

You're welcome buddy. Good eats.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM