Aldeer.com

Fried deer steak

Posted By: MattIce

Fried deer steak - 11/11/18 05:24 AM

How do you fry yours? I get flour and season it, dip them in and throw them in skillet. How do you do yours I'm curious of all the different methods.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BuckRidge17

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/11/18 05:41 AM

Only thing Ive ever done different is dip the meat in a milk/egg mixture before dropping it in the flour. I don't always do that though
Posted By: MattIce

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/11/18 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by BuckRidge17
Only thing Ive ever done different is dip the meat in a milk/egg mixture before dropping it in the flour. I don't always do that though

Do you like it better? I know a few that do that, but can't say I've ever tried it that I know of.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/11/18 02:59 PM

I have done either way. Just depends on how big of a hurry I'm in. Just as good either way. Make some gravy out of the drippings a serve with biscuits and mashed potatoes.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/11/18 04:03 PM

Wife does dry, dredge milk&egg, dry then either electric skillet of fry daddy. Got me to craving a batch............
Posted By: James

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/11/18 06:42 PM

I like to Chicken Fry mine
Posted By: BuckRidge17

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/11/18 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by MattIce
Originally Posted by BuckRidge17

Do you like it better? I know a few that do that, but can't say I've ever tried it that I know of.

Seems like the batter sticks better. But I dont think it changes the taste
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/11/18 11:00 PM

I try it without breading alot.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/12/18 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by MattIce
How do you fry yours? I get flour and season it, dip them in and throw them in skillet. How do you do yours I'm curious of all the different methods.
[Linked Image]

That works for me. Salt, pepper, garlic salt, flour, done.
Posted By: Rooster600

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/12/18 01:44 PM

I'll do an egg and milk mixture and most times use a fish fry breading and drop it in the deep fryer for 3 minutes. Using the milk and egg makes the breading thicker.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/20/18 11:59 PM

I use the same...flour, salt, pepper, garlic salt and some unseasoned tenderizer. Dredge dry and fry in hot oil...only takes a couple of minutes. I also beat my steaks or tenderloin to break the fibers before dredging and frying. Gravy made from the drippings too. Yummy goodness.
Posted By: deerman24

Re: Fried deer steak - 11/22/18 08:50 PM

I tenderize mine make an egg wash, dip meat in egg wash and seasoned flour. Then I fry it in butter until brown. Take out of pan add some beef broth and a little sherry to pan and a little extra flour to make a gravy and eat over mashed tatters.
Do this and you will never eat it any other way. Careful not to burn the butter.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM